Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I already attached the necessary files for Problem Reporting to my post. You're telling me to fix my profile, but I don't see any problem. The ioreg file name says MacBook Pro, but that's misleading since I had already changed the SMBIOS so that my laptop shows in "About this Mac" as a MacBook Air with a unique serial.

I had already applied the 3 changes that are part of the Probook backlight fix linked in the FAQ, but it didn't work. I came to this thread because the backlight fix thread told me I might need to patch SSDTs as well. I would appreciate it if you could look at the files I attached in my first post and help me figure out what's preventing the backlight patch from working.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
As per FAQ, the 'Mobo' field should indicate make/model/bootloader.
You have nothing in this field.
And 'Graphics' should indicate internal screen resolution. In your profile, 'Graphics' contains only HD4400.
Please correct as per FAQ before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And even after I directly asked the question "Is this a Probook...", you didn't answer.
I asked because you seem to have a lot of files from the Probook guide (probably is an EliteBook 8x0 G1), yet, your profile doesn't indicate any make/model.
And if it is a Probook/EliteBook/Zbook, you should not even be writing in this thread. The ProBook guide uses hotpatch, and the beta branch already has the changes required for 10.12.4 backlight using AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
As per FAQ, the 'Mobo' field should indicate make/model/bootloader.
You have nothing in this field.
And 'Graphics' should indicate internal screen resolution. In your profile, 'Graphics' contains only HD4400.
Please correct as per FAQ before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And even after I directly asked the question "Is this a Probook...", you didn't answer.
I asked because you seem to have a lot of files from the Probook guide (probably is an EliteBook 8x0 G1), yet, your profile doesn't indicate any make/model.
And if it is a Probook/EliteBook/Zbook, you should not even be writing in this thread. The ProBook guide uses hotpatch, and the beta branch already has the changes required for 10.12.4 backlight using AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

OK, I fixed the profile information.

I still don't understand your insistence that I'm in the wrong thread. The AppleBacklightInjector.kext guide mentions "Also Note: The SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes that GFX0 (or VID on Thinkpads) is already renamed to IGPU. It will not work if your IGPU is not at _SB.PCI0.IGPU."

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Since I had already followed all the other information in that guide, I have inferred that this is possibly where the problem lies. Hence I am in this thread, which pertains to patching laptop DSDT/SSDTs.

This is what I asked for help about in my first post. I cannot seem to find the SSDT containing GFX0.

OK, I fixed the profile information.

I still don't understand your insistence that I'm in the wrong thread. The AppleBacklightInjector.kext guide mentions "Also Note: The SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes that GFX0 (or VID on Thinkpads) is already renamed to IGPU. It will not work if your IGPU is not at _SB.PCI0.IGPU."

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Since I had already followed all the other information in that guide, I have inferred that this is possibly where the problem lies. Hence I am in this thread, which pertains to patching laptop DSDT/SSDTs.

This is what I asked for help about in my first post. I cannot seem to find the SSDT containing GFX0.

The Probook beta branch has already been prepared to use the new technique.
There is no need to do anything but follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

RehabMan can I ask you I got another issue I trying build fresh all dsdt/ssdt I dessasamble it correctly and got them all without any errors but if I try in all ssdt and dsdt put patch _dsm rename to XDSM I got ssdt-13.dsl error " Object does not exist(\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.XDSM" but if I look in SB.PCI0.GFX0 I see this patch whats can by wrong here maybe you can explain my little bit more about it I try read api 6.0 pdf but I don't get anything :(
and if I manual change XDSM in _DSM error gone maybe I need change it?

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
RehabMan can I ask you I got another issue I trying build fresh all dsdt/ssdt I dessasamble it correctly and got them all without any errors but if I try in all ssdt and dsdt put patch _dsm rename to XDSM I got ssdt-13.dsl error " Object does not exist(\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.XDSM" but if I look in SB.PCI0.GFX0 I see this patch whats can by wrong here maybe you can explain my little bit more about it I try read api 6.0 pdf but I don't get anything :(
and if I manual change XDSM in _DSM error gone maybe I need change it?

I had no errors in SSDT-13 with "Remove _DSM methods".

I had no errors in SSDT-13 with "Remove _DSM methods".
and I don't get if I just remove it but I fink I need rename it to XDSM or just remove and don't change?

and I don't get if I just remove it but I fink I need rename it to XDSM or just remove and don't change?

No.
You should use "Remove _DSM methods". The "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" is to be used only if "Remove _DSM methods" causes a problem. Typically, that is only on DSDT.

now I get it thx very much man! no I go forward I just remove it in ssdt and rename only in dsdt

now I get it thx very much man! no I go forward I just remove it in ssdt and rename only in dsdt

Yes... assuming the "Remove _DSM methods" caused a problem in DSDT.dsl (MaciASL bug that I haven't bothered to try and fix).

Having problem with brightness.
When i power off, then start the pc i have brightness go to zero and i have to manually fn+f6 restore to my prefer.
What is the problem?
I attached my clover folder can u get a look?

Attachments

• clover+nvram.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Back