Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Now when I am trying to install again the AppleHDA.kext (taken from the Lenovo Z50 master)

There is no AppleHDA.kext in the Z50 project.

Run the OS X installer to restore AppleHDA.kext to vanilla.

Then download the ZIP of the Z50 project. In there you'll find AppleHDA_CX20751.kext. Install that kext with Kext Wizard (if there is one existing, make sure you remove it first).

Then reboot, boot without caches using the Clover menu. Rebuild cache as per FAQ (in Terminal), then reboot again.

Make sure you're accessing my fork of the Z50 repo, not the original by the-bravenight, because the original kext in the the-bravenight's repo is broken for 10.11.4.

Should I start from zero and erase everything or there is away to run the installer without wiping everything

Should I start from zero and erase everything or there is away to run the installer without wiping everything

If you run the OS X installer without erasing the target partition, it will freshen all the system files that it normally installs. It is not quite the same as a fresh install, since it doesn't get rid of other kexts you might have installed, but it will insure that AppleHDA.kext is vanilla and properly installed.

I am please to say that I got sound. Or better you got the sound to work. I do not know how to thank you. Now I will try to update my 4530s. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hi Rehab. i am using el capitan 10.11.4 laptop brightness not work. how to enabled brigtness ?
My dsdt file in attachment.
Please Help Me.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    37.3 KB · Views: 120
Hi Rehab. i am using el capitan 10.11.4 laptop brightness not work. how to enabled brigtness ?
My dsdt file in attachment.
Please Help Me.

Try patching with "Brightness Fix".

Try patching with "Brightness Fix".

Thank you for reply. I am trying this patch but not work. :banghead: Have you any idea ? My display too bright and this night blood flowed my eyes :D

Back