Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

What is the difference between using IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext techniques? Which one is more stable?

What is the difference between using IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext techniques? Which one is more stable?

IntelBacklight.kext is more efficient. It is also easier to implement and has a few more features than ACPIBacklight.kext.

ACPIBacklight.kext should only be used if you actually *need* to implement backlight control through ACPI methods.

In both cases, IntelBacklight.kext+"Brightness Fix", and ACPIBacklight.kext+"Brightness Fix (Haswell)" or "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)", the same thing ends up happening (direct manipulation of IGPU PWM regsiters from the kext itself).

I wrote the code for direct hardware access in both...

i can't seem to get neither the GFX0 device nor 0x00020000 on my laptop..
here's the file you need

Attachments

• files you need.zip
    398.1 KB · Views: 90
i can't seem to get neither the GFX0 device nor 0x00020000 on my laptop..
here's the file you need

Yours is VID, as is often the case with Thinkpads. It is defined in DSDT.

- Clover is providing PNLF in DSDT (avoid AddPNLF in ACPI/DSDT/Fixes)
- you forgot to drop OEM SSDTs (Clover: ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true; Chameleon DropSSDT=Yes)

How to do this two step ?

Still cannot adjust brightness.

View attachment IOReg.zipView attachment RehabMan.zipView attachment CLOVER.zip Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 1.14.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-03 at 1.13.10 PM.png

As is is clear in the guide, you must use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

You have it set false. As a result, your patched SSDTs are ignored.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Note: Dynamic SSDTs should not be placed in ACPI/patched. Also clearly covered in the guide.

No. Key name is "DropOem". True vs. false is the value (YES vs. NO)
I have tried that. Once it is set to YES el capitan will stuck at apple logo loading screen during startup.

Back