Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Read post #1 regarding brightness key implementation.
Brightness key working but not f5 dan f6,
key works on pause/break and num lk

Attached dsdt.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    186 KB · Views: 137

If not working, it means your brightness methods in DSDT don't work (it is not uncommon).
You might want to use ACPIDebug to debug the related method (AINT).

I see how mixing hotpatch with static patching might be messy, would it be ok to only add the battery patch to the DSDT and implement the rest through Clover "fixes"(fix wak, etc.)? Or do I have to implement the battery patch as a hotpatch too?

Or should I not use any Clover fixes and implement it all through DSDT static patching? If so, can I still use Audio and GFX Injection through Clover or is that considered "messy" too?

You can mix static patch and hotpatch, but you need to know what you're doing (in other words, you should not be asking me for help).

Suggest you do everything with static patch, then migrate things to hotpatch one at a time.

Brightness key working but not f5 dan f6,
key works on pause/break and num lk

Attached dsdt.aml

It appears you did not patch your EC queries for the brightness keys.
Likely EC query methods are _Q15 and _Q16.

It appears you did not patch your EC queries for the brightness keys.
Likely EC query methods are _Q15 and _Q16.
Previously I've tried adding
Method (_Q15,.....)
{
If (ATKP)
{
\_SB.ATKD.IANE (0x20)
}
}
and
Method (_Q16, .....)
{
If (ATKP)
{
\_SB.ATKD.IANE (0x10)
}
}

but no effect, so I returned again as before

I enabled brightness slider using IntelBacklight.kext. Brightness keys are assigned to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 which are the correct keys according to my keyboard. These keys are breakless so, when I press Fn+11 the display fades out and when I press Fn+12 the brightness goes to its highest value. Using the console app I saw that Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 produce e005=6b and e006=71 codes respectively, but only once (I consider that is not a problem since they are breakless keys). The problem is that however I deleted all the breakless entries from keyboard info.plist, the keys still have the same behavior.

Previously I've tried adding
Method (_Q15,.....)
{
If (ATKP)
{
\_SB.ATKD.IANE (0x20)
}
}
and
Method (_Q16, .....)
{
If (ATKP)
{
\_SB.ATKD.IANE (0x10)
}
}

but no effect, so I returned again as before

Wrong patch/edits.
Read guide in post #1.

I enabled brightness slider using IntelBacklight.kext. Brightness keys are assigned to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 which are the correct keys according to my keyboard. These keys are breakless so, when I press Fn+11 the display fades out and when I press Fn+12 the brightness goes to its highest value. Using the console app I saw that Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 produce e005=6b and e006=71 codes respectively, but only once (I consider that is not a problem since they are breakless keys). The problem is that however I deleted all the breakless entries from keyboard info.plist, the keys still have the same behavior.

See SSDT-KEY-DELL-WN09.dsl in my VoodooPS2Controller github project.
You should not be changing anything in the Info.plist (eg. it is clear you don't know what you're doing...)

First, I'm sorry I cannot post 'report problem' file recently.
When I debug DW1820A, I found this code in my ACPI:
Code:
Local0 = \_OS
Does "_OS" is an valid object like "_OSI"? Or is it a predefined objects?
I am SURE I cannot find this name in all *.dsl code to locate where it is defined.

Can someone give me the clue why is my brightness after boot is always in full/max? And how to fix it? Here my spec is i5-5200u 2.2Ghz, IHD 5500, 4G Ram, Macos Sierra 10.12.2 + Clover r3974

Back