4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a guide is an update of my last guide for HP Notebook 17-x105tx laptop running High Sierra. Please refer to my previous guide to install on High Sierra, Mojave, Big Sur & Monterey 12.1 Beta with Opencore.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-28-at-5.12.04-PM-B.png

COMPONENTS & SPEC
  • HP Notebook 17-x105tx
  • 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM (2x8GB)
  • Intel H170 Chipset (Kaby Lake R Mobile)
  • Intel UD620 Internal Graphics
  • Intel Core i7 7500U 7th gen CPU (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • AMD R7 M440 Graphics w/ 4GB dedicated RAM
  • Sandisk 256GB SSD (internal used for Windows)
  • WD Green 240GB 2.5" External HD (used for HS install)
Other tools needed

• 16GB USB Key (for Opencore installation)
  • Spare Hackintosh/Mac (for editing if necessary)
  • USB 3.0 external slot drive (for copying/editing files and data)
  • Superduper or Carbon Copy Cloner (for cloning drives)
  • Windows 10 installation on spare SSD/HD or NVMe drive
  • USB Keyboard/mouse in case PS2 controller does not work
  • Hackintool
  • Opencore 0.8.1
  • Opencore Configurator 2.61.1
  • Kexts from github.com/acidanthera and github.com/copynewt
  • SSDTPRGen or equivalent
What works

NVME detection and boot-up

Intel GPU detection

VDA Hardware acceleration (on Intel)

Internal audio

USB 3.1, 3.0 & 2.0 (hot-plugging and eject on USB 3.1 works)

Full sound with volume adjustment

Full screen 1080P

Video playback

Ethernet

WiFi

Battery indicator
Bluetooth

Trackpad & trackpad buttons & gestures (in 12.4)

Realtek SD card reader (in 12.4)

What doesn't

None

Not tested

HDMI output

Update: 12th July 2022

So I have updated the last build of my EFI to OC 0.8.1. I've also managed to make some significant changes to the stability of the build.

While the previous build worked well with Big Sur, under Monterey 12.4 it had become unstable and would freeze less than 20 minutes after booting. This issue has now been completely resolved.

Update: 27th June 2023

The build has been updated to the latest OC 0.9.3 and I can confirm it works extremely well with Ventura.
Though IGPU acceleration it seems has been somewhat lost (as only 7MB VRAM shows for the UHD620), the system is much more stable than before, and the wifi and Bluetooth function works totally fine. I have also updated some kexts such as the Realtek SD card kext with a better updated version. If you require 3D acceleration for this system I would say stick with Monterey.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.8.1 12.4+.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 309
  • EFI OC 0.9.3 12 13.zip
    33 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
While the previous build worked well with Big Sur, under Monterey 12.4 it had become unstable and would freeze less than 20 minutes after booting. This issue has now been completely resolved.

thanks for update .

what was the cause of the problem and what did you do to solve to get opencore .8.x and 12.4 stable.

context - background
as a noob, been testing trial and errors for different hp laptop 8x0g1
tested pre-made oc efi shared by others and making my own diy custom oc.

thanks for update .

what was the cause of the problem and what did you do to solve to get opencore .8.x and 12.4 stable.

context - background
as a noob, been testing trial and errors for different hp laptop 8x0g1
tested pre-made oc efi shared by others and making my own diy custom oc.

Thanks. As for the fix it involved a number of tweaks. Compared to the previous one I'd changed over some of the SSDTs to one based on another working Kaby Lake laptop build I'd found and adjusted them accordingly. I removed SSDT-AWAC and added SSDT-HPET, SSDT-GPRW, SSDT-EXT1-FixShutdown.aml & SSDT-EXT4-WakeScreen.aml. In addition there were a few new APCI patches, namely HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename, RTC IRQ8 patch, TIMR IRQ 0 Patch plus a few others. Also -hbfx-dump-nvram was added to the boot-arg. This fixed the reboot issue.

Thanks. As for the fix it involved a number of tweaks. Compared to the previous one I'd changed over some of the SSDTs to one based on another working Kaby Lake laptop build I'd found and adjusted them accordingly. I removed SSDT-AWAC and added SSDT-HPET, SSDT-GPRW, SSDT-EXT1-FixShutdown.aml & SSDT-EXT4-WakeScreen.aml. In addition there were a few new APCI patches, namely HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename, RTC IRQ8 patch, TIMR IRQ 0 Patch plus a few others. Also -hbfx-dump-nvram was added to the boot-arg. This fixed the reboot issue.

thanks for the solution info. possible test check points when i try make a fresh new oc efi.

definitely much time invested in your trial error testing, and much more advanced technical know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back