Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@a29psx No. It's because the OC team changed that setting from 0.6.8 -> 0.6.9. OC Configurator abides to that. After updating it, it's possible to set the correct key value even with OC Configurator (or with any other capable text and plist edit tool).

@bugsb and should we upgrade to OC 0.6.9 ?

Last edited:
I haven't yet because I have other priorities in life right now. Feel free to try and report back :)

ok, no need to rush :thumbup:, this is only our side project
actually this is my first time using MACOS, just b/c I'm curious. So I know next to nothing about this (I have to google on how to take the screenshot on MACOS)
My daily work need the dotnet environment on windows

@whatnameisit I'm so sorry that your Vivobook's motherboard got fried from unsafe contact with the Wi-Fi card. You put so much work into your hackintosh. I feel for you.

Have you looked into motherboard prices, and it's too much right now?

@bugsb The customer service is demanding 300000 to repair and 500000 to replace the motherboard. I paid 580000 to buy the laptop when it came out.
It should be a fair and easy fix to close up on the motherboard components and switch out capacitors and stuff, but I have no more knowledge than that and 0 skills in soldering. I'm not going to let them scam me anyways.
I'm saying good-bye to this friend. Good luck with your Hack.

@whatnameisit if the spark went up from wifi slot then maybe the chipset was fried

Btw I thought you were from vn??

@a29psx Whatever was fried, it all looks the same to me, and they are still going to ask for that much money. I live in Korea.

Same price as customer service.

Back