Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@a29psx same with Clover and OC EFI?

Dell DW1820a is not in my list of recommended WiFi replacement cards, which does not mean at all that it's a bad card. But a quick Google search for "Dell DW1820a" appears to provide the solution:
  • How I got Dell DW1820A Bluetooth working on Catalina PB2
  • BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.15 Catalina (Broadcom bluetooth firmware upload)
I don't think I may post the links here, but you'll find the titles.

@a29psx same with Clover and OC EFI?

Dell DW1820a is not in my list of recommended WiFi replacement cards, which does not mean at all that it's a bad card. But a quick Google search for "Dell DW1820a" appears to provide the solution:
  • How I got Dell DW1820A Bluetooth working on Catalina PB2
  • BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.15 Catalina (Broadcom bluetooth firmware upload)
I don't think I may post the links here, but you'll find the titles.
thanks to your quick reply, I will try to take a look

I just start to hackmac with OC (most pp said it is superior to the other) and not have any experience with Clover whatsoever

I got this 1820A from an old XPS 13 that laying around in my company IT dept, for free :D, exchange it with the shitty original realtek RTL8822BE (this thing is such a shame, even unstable on windows)

Last edited:
1820A 4free = you scored :thumbup:

From what I see it's just a matter of loading BrcmPatchRAM2 even for Catalina which is otherwise depreciated or will NOT work. The issue should be the same with Clover because it should not be a Clover or OC issue. You'll figure it out. In case you don't: maybe there is a 1820A thread in this forum, too.

just remember: I did encounter similar stuck when first installing catalina with whatnameisit OC build, but at that time I thought its was something relate to the fact that I installed mac on HDD, not SDD
and there is no BrcmPatchRAM2 in that build, only BrcmPatchRAM3

I did look over your 2 thread above but they seem not directly related to my issue

maybe I will just let it slip, since it only happen once during installing process

will try big sur next time and report, cheer

Last edited:
that's exactly what the one thread said form what I remember, better use a modded version of BrcmPatchRAM2 instead BrcmPatchRAM3 so to not experience oddities.

Anyway, good luck with BS (some people say BS = BS .. ;) )

folks, unlock your VivoBooks' CFG (MSR E2) lock for macOS to run as smooth as possible on your VivoHack! All instructions here. No new release yet, so just grab the latest repo state by downloading it via the green Code button -> Download ZIP - all required files are in there.

Last edited:
folks, unlock your VivoBooks' CFG (MSR E2) lock for macOS to run as smooth as possible on your VivoHack! All instructions here. No new release yet, so just grab the latest repo state by downloading it via the green Code button -> Download ZIP - all required files are in there.
something wrong with github, it download empty zip file

Last edited:
@a29psx @ all oh - so the setting I made for the release section also effects the zip download.. still learning github internal little secrets. Thanks for letting me know. I just deactivated that setting and tested - the repo download zip now again has all the wanted content, so go for it again :)

may I ask if the ControlMsrE2.efi work on any system, or this just works on your specific S510UA?
since mine is S410UA, dunno if there is any difference bw those BIOS

and can I use it on other system? like Dell

solved it
the ControlMsrE2.efi doesnt work directly from the boot picker
so I download the opencore-debug kit from utopia-team git (later also see it on your git)
still doesnt work directly from the boot picker

gg and see the original thread from Brumbaer on insanelymac (also on your git)
follow Slice post and call ControlMsrE2.efi from Shell.efi
IT WORKED

Back