Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

dunno, I have a Android smartphone, but I wouldn't know why not.
Hey man, my mic is not working, could you help me on fixing this?

@ZuubuMafu : have you installed post macOS Installations/Sound Input/install CodecCommander.command from the release on github & rebooted?

@ZuubuMafu : have you installed post macOS Installations/Sound Input/install CodecCommander.command from the release on github & rebooted?
it worked now, tks! Also, could you tell me if I have to do something if I want to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina? and how should I backup my system? tks in advance :)

Y E S - the final release v.10.0 is UP! Please everyone go get it:

v.10.0.Asus-Vivobook-S510UA.Hackintosh.2020-02-24.dmg (~20 MB)

Also look into "docs/BetterSound.html" and the folder "post macOS Installations/[Optional]" inside the release for some goodies .. ;)

Hi @bugsb I have tried the install files and the post installs
My ASUS vivobook X510UN
• Intel® Core™ i5 8250U Processor
• Intel HD Graphics 620
• 8 GB DDR4 2800MHz SDRAM
• NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150,
with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
• 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD,
256GB SATA 3.0 M.2 SSD
is working perfectly
I'm running the system with an external wifi Dongle which run perfect also.. also the ports work including the SD card..

Only problem I have is with the sleep and wake functions.. it goes to sleep and reboots once I try to wake how do I solve this?
Also is there any way to enable the stock Bluetooth card??

Last edited:
also, someone here can help me on getting app store to work? I get this error:
"It's not possible to connect to the App Store"
[Retry]

should be able to reply tomorrow, too late now alredy

how should I backup my system?
I use Caron Copy Cloner, others use SuperDuper! I don't have time to go into more details, but you'll find that elsewhere plentifully.
could you tell me if I have to do something if I want to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina?
After backing up your system, download and run the installer.. ;) If you're unsure, search this forum for "how to update macos"

Only problem I have is with the sleep and wake functions.. it goes to sleep and reboots once I try to wake how do I solve this?
Which macOS - Catalina or Mojave?
Always, or only sometimes?

Try the most recent unofficial VoodooI2C compile by dhinakg which already includes the new VoodooInput, or the somewhat older but official VoodooI2C (currently v.2.3 from December).
Also is there any way to enable the stock Bluetooth card??
I'm not sure anymore if swapping the internal WiFi/ Bluetooth combo card is because the internal bluetooth or the internal wifi isn't working. Someone else with better memory will have to answer that. @whatnameisit maybe :)?

Last edited:
good news: dhinakg has made a compile of the very latest VoodooI2C commits which already includes the new VoodooInput. It's working for me here: https://github.com/dhinakg/VoodooI2C/releases

I also updated my post above - @usayjoe please try dhinakg's compile first to see if that fixes your KP on wake-from-sleep

Back