Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Hi there, want to ask if the trackpad patch still working in macOS catalina with latest voodooi2c build? thanks in advance

@rehanali : yes, trackpad works in 10.15.3 even with latest VoodooI2C v.2.3, but v.2.0.3 is recommended for VivoBooks with ELAN 1300 and included in the repo on github. Whatnameisit with a VivoBook with ELAN 1200 does not have mentioned issues and is fine with VoodooI2C 2.3 (.. and maybe this isn't even a distinct issue of ELAN 1200 or ELAN 1300..), so try & decide for yourself.

(PS: I see you have a HP not a Asus Vivobook laptop?)

i see after i add these patches in my DSDT and restart i get KP because of voodooi2c kext. The thing is in ioreg under ETPD there's no child which is my trackpad i think and for some reason my touchscreen is working and i can also see trackpad settings in system preferences, but cant able to use trackpad and yeah i manage to get new laptop which i can tell you the specs. and i can also share ioreg if you want to see. And i tried the 2.0.3 version and for some reason voodooi2c didnt load. please help me out :(

"ASUS Zenbook Flip 14" UX461F" running an 8th Gen Intel i5 Processor, 8GB of Ram, 256 M.2 SSD.

GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Motherboard: UX461FA

@rehanali : attached you find fewt(arius)'s final repo for his ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Q405UA from 2019-12-07. He removed it from github after his Vivo bit the dust. Info about his repo you find archived on ****** : Build: ASUS 2-in-1 Q405UA // i5-8250U // 16GB RAM // UHD 620 (may not post the link here). You also find the link to his old ****** archive in the attached zip. That's all I can do for you. Good luck!

Attachments

• ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 Q405UA (2019-12-07).zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 99
What else do I need to do in order for it to work correctly in Mojave nowadays, since this guide is quite old? thanks in advance!

How safe it is for me to use the latest version of the EFI provided here?

@ZuubuMafu : saintno1997 turned his back to this forum after being banned, even if only temporarily.. get the latest release from github. It works perfectly from 10.13.6 - 10.15.3

@ZuubuMafu : saintno1997 turned his back to this forum after being banned, even if only temporarily.. get the latest release from github. It works perfectly from 10.13.6 - 10.15.3
Great, it worked, thank you! Also, can I connect it with not much hassle to my iPhone?

dunno, I have a Android smartphone, but I wouldn't know why not.

Back