Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Hello, I've been following this thread for a while now, trying to get my Asus Laptop working on MacOS 10.13,
I Used the various DSDT patches and kexts in the package by saintno1997 but my laptop gets stuck on boot with "Still Waiting For Root Device"..
I Checked the BIOS settings various times and re-installed OS X many times, I can boot into High Sierra using stock clover without saintno's patches but that won't get QE/CI working..

My Laptop Specs:
ASUS VIVOBOOK S15 S510UN BQ052T
I7 8550U
Intel HD620
8GB DDR4 RAM

Attaching Clover Folder
Which 10.13.x?

Do you have High Sierra installed on HFS+ or APFS? (I have my 10.13.5 installed to HFS+)

[EDIT]: this is the config.plist from RehabMan/ I have been using lately as base:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/R...fig/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

For QE/CI you might need (in addition to above config.plist):
Lilu.kext (mine: v. 1.2.4)
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (mine: v. 1.2.7)
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (mine: v. 1.2.2)

Last edited:
[EDIT] successfully updated to 10.13.6, eventually..

Last edited:
Which 10.13.x?

Do you have High Sierra installed on HFS+ or APFS? (I have my 10.13.5 installed to HFS+)

[EDIT]: this is the config.plist from RehabMan/ I have been using lately as base:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/R...fig/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

For QE/CI you might need (in addition to above config.plist):
Lilu.kext (mine: v. 1.2.4)
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (mine: v. 1.2.7)
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (mine: v. 1.2.2)

High Sierra installed in APFS, stock 10.13

I already tried RehabMan’s config but it brings me into a boot loop “ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0”

Trying again later with those Kext (I already had them but maybe I missed something, thanks a lot)

Hello, I've been following this thread for a while now, trying to get my Asus Laptop working on MacOS 10.13,
I Used the various DSDT patches and kexts in the package by saintno1997 but my laptop gets stuck on boot with "Still Waiting For Root Device"..
I Checked the BIOS settings various times and re-installed OS X many times, I can boot into High Sierra using stock clover without saintno's patches but that won't get QE/CI working..

My Laptop Specs:
ASUS VIVOBOOK S15 S510UN BQ052T
I7 8550U
Intel HD620
8GB DDR4 RAM

Attaching Clover Folder

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext seems to be missing.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

ACPI/origin files are extremely old. You forgot to press F4 as per FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
For next time, read carefully:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

High Sierra installed in APFS, stock 10.13

I already tried RehabMan’s config but it brings me into a boot loop “ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0”

Trying again later with those Kext (I already had them but maybe I missed something, thanks a lot)
stock 10.13 - I interpret you mean 10.13.0 ..

From my memory, current Clover works with High Sierra 10.13.1+. You should update to 10.13.6, then go from there.

If in BIOS you have set to AHCI as I do, no SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is necessary.

stock 10.13 - I interpret you mean 10.13.0 ..

From my memory, current Clover works with High Sierra 10.13.1+. You should update to 10.13.6, then go from there.

If in BIOS you have set to AHCI as I do, no SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is necessary.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext likely needed to get correct AHCI kexts to load.

Thanks a lot for all the replies, here is what I did:

I re-installed 10.13.0 in HFS+ this time
Updated the ACPI/Origin folder by pressing F4 (thanks for the patience RehabMan)
Added SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext in Kexts/other
Tried the package's config.plist and RehabMan's

Still getting stuck at "Still Waiting For Root Device"
sometimes it boots but no QE/CI

I'm going to update it to 10.13.6 and try everything again

Attaching updated clover folder

Attachments

• Clover2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 182
@RehabMan : OK (SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext) - maybe crash036 has a different motherboard in his Vivobook than I do.

Keep in mind SSDT-SATA can be used for the same purpose as SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
I tend to prefer using SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

BTW, are you aware that Bluetooth discovery stopped working for many with 10.13.6

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-6-lost-bluetooth-bcm4352-20702a3.256032
?

Most likely due to incorrect USB configuration.
The files in post #1 of that thread for example, clearly show incorrect USB setup (using port limit patch instead of properly configuring USBInjectAll.kext with custom SSDT).
People who are lazy and don't implement USB correctly get what they deserve.

Thanks a lot for all the replies, here is what I did:

I re-installed 10.13.0 in HFS+ this time
Updated the ACPI/Origin folder by pressing F4 (thanks for the patience RehabMan)
Added SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext in Kexts/other
Tried the package's config.plist and RehabMan's

Still getting stuck at "Still Waiting For Root Device"
sometimes it boots but no QE/CI

I'm going to update it to 10.13.6 and try everything again

Attaching updated clover folder

Your ACPI/patched content is a complete mess.

Back