Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Longstanding bug with certain Dell (maybe others) computers (truncating the SMBIOS model). Use a shorter SMBIOS.

you mean i should use MBA 7,2 SMBios?

you mean i should use MBA 7,2 SMBios?

It is not short enough and therefore won't solve your problem. Your profile does not indicate your laptop hardware, so not possible to make any suggestion.

It is not short enough and therefore won't solve your problem. Your profile does not indicate your laptop hardware, so not possible to make any suggestion.

oh sorry, i've update my details.
more spesific :
- Dell 5458
- Intel Core i3 5005U @ 2 Ghz
- RAM 4 GB
- graphics : IHD 5500 & Nvidia 920M (not yet turned off)
- BIOS : A09
- Clover UEFI 3726, OSX installed 10.11.6
- 2 ports USB 2.0 & 1 port USB 3.0
- 1 Card reader slot
- Wifi AR9565 with BT

oh sorry, i've update my details.
more spesific :
- Dell 5458
- Intel Core i3 5005U @ 2 Ghz
- RAM 4 GB
- graphics : IHD 5500 & Nvidia 920M (not yet turned off)
- BIOS : A09
- Clover UEFI 3726, OSX installed 10.11.6
- 2 ports USB 2.0 & 1 port USB 3.0
- 1 Card reader slot
- Wifi AR9565 with BT

You could try MacBook8,1 or even iMac14,2.

I have a Dell M7510 comes with Skylake Core E3-1535M v5 processor, built-in Intel P530 graphic card and discrete Nvidia Quadro M2000M. I managed to have Nvidia card to work with Nvidia web driver and SMBIOS set to MacbookPro 12,1 (other than that I get a black screen after boot).
Now the problem is, following this thread I try to get native power management, but no success until now. When click menu's sleep button, display goes off but fan, keyboard, power button LED still runs.
Suspecting that the problem comes from the discrete card. Does the method referred in this thread only work with Intel card? Or I missed something. Please help.

Attachments

• 20160918_1.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 111
I have a Dell M7510 comes with Skylake Core E3-1535M v5 processor, built-in Intel P530 graphic card and discrete Nvidia Quadro M2000M. I managed to have Nvidia card to work with Nvidia web driver and SMBIOS set to MacbookPro 12,1 (other than that I get a black screen after boot).
Now the problem is, following this thread I try to get native power management, but no success until now. When click menu's sleep button, display goes off but fan, keyboard, power button LED still runs.
Suspecting that the problem comes from the discrete card. Does the method referred in this thread only work with Intel card? Or I missed something. Please help.

Your ioreg shows no P530 on the PCIe bus... your laptop is Nvidia only (so, your profile is wrong... please fix).

The guide covers CPU PM only.

Read FAQ for other sleep related tasks: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

hi, I completed the tutorial on page 1, and when I type
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

only appleintelcpu dont show anything. Is that normal? I'm using processor Intel i3 5010u on Asus A455LB. OSX 10.11.6 with SMBIOS MacbookAir7,2
thank you

hi, I completed the tutorial on page 1, and when I type
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

only appleintelcpu dont show anything. Is that normal? I'm using processor Intel i3 5010u on Asus A455LB. OSX 10.11.6 with SMBIOS MacbookAir7,2
thank you

Normal for your hardware. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not used on Haswell CPUs and later.

We're running the same laptop. Anyway we can get in contact? We can't start conversations through this forum because of the post requirement.

You can communicate here in the forums, but in a separate thread.

Back