Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
Hi, Im having the problem since I cant boot with the SSDT provided from the ssdtprGen.sh, It gives me Kernel Panic when boot with the patched SSDT, So right now using OEM SSDT. When I Drop OEM SSDT it gives Kernel Panic.

So must be the SSDT problem. DSDT no problem since I can load the pacthed DSDT

Thank You
This is the file:

Attachments

• To Be Sent.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
in here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I have a power management problem, but I have read the checklist but I do not know exactly where the problem is. Can you help me check one? Thank you very much!

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate (CStates/PStates) should be false. You have it set true.
You forgot to provide patchmatic -extract output.
Fix problem with Generate.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, Im having the problem since I cant boot with the SSDT provided from the ssdtprGen.sh, It gives me Kernel Panic when boot with the patched SSDT, So right now using OEM SSDT. When I Drop OEM SSDT it gives Kernel Panic.

So must be the SSDT problem. DSDT no problem since I can load the pacthed DSDT

Thank You
This is the file:

CPU MSR 0xE2 is probably locked.
And you're using MacBook9,1 SMBIOS which enables HWP.
That combination requires a kernel patch (in KernelToPatch). It is missing from your config.plist.
Refer to the plists from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: You should NOT be dropping any CPU related SSDTs.
- Applied config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/GFX0 to IGPU patch
- Switched config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem to False
- Deleted SSDT-8.aml and SSDT-9.aml from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Still getting reboot instead of sleep.

Attachments

• Ledorub.zip
    8 MB · Views: 65
- Applied config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/GFX0 to IGPU patch
- Switched config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem to False
- Deleted SSDT-8.aml and SSDT-9.aml from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Still getting reboot instead of sleep.

Problems:
- all kexts you need must be installed to the system volume
- you still have incorrect content in your DropTables (DO NOT drop the CPU related SSDTs)
- config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate should be false

Given that you ignored my advice from last time (regarding dropping CPU SSDTs), I didn't check anything else.

Problems:
Done! - all kexts you need must be installed to the system volume
? - you still have incorrect content in your DropTables (DO NOT drop the CPU related SSDTs). Got KernelPanic if DMAR isn't dropped.
Done! - config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate should be false

Attachments

• Ledorub.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
CPU MSR 0xE2 is probably locked.
And you're using MacBook9,1 SMBIOS which enables HWP.
That combination requires a kernel patch (in KernelToPatch). It is missing from your config.plist.
Refer to the plists from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi I already add some kerneltopatch in the clover.plist, still it can't load SSDT-PluginType-1.aml in the ACPI/Patch

What I need to do so that it can read the patch SSDT, what to change in clover.plist

Attachments

• To Be Sent.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
Done! - all kexts you need must be installed to the system volume
? - you still have incorrect content in your DropTables (DO NOT drop the CPU related SSDTs). Got KernelPanic if DMAR isn't dropped.
Done! - config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate should be false

I'm not referring to DMAR (it is not an SSDT). I'm referring the the CPU related SSDTs you're dropping.

Hi I already add some kerneltopatch in the clover.plist, still it can't load SSDT-PluginType-1.aml in the ACPI/Patch

What I need to do so that it can read the patch SSDT, what to change in clover.plist

You don't have the KernelToPatch section.
Refer to the guide plists.
Use copy/paste.

Back