Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

It does not exit sleep after it goes to a deep sleep (blinking power button). The power button still blinking slowely.

It does not exit sleep after it goes to a deep sleep (blinking power button). The power button still blinking slowely.

It could be that your system is locking up during the sleep process but after the LED state has been changed.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

I uploaded the files following your instruction in the post #65.

I uploaded the files following your instruction in the post #65.

I don't see the output of 'patchmatic -extract' in that post. Or... if DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml are the only output, then it seems likely you patched DSDT/SSDTs incorrectly.

And... in addition to 'patchmatic -extract' output, also post your native DSDT/SSDTs as extracted from Linux or Clover F4 (and upload a current extract, not one you've done previously).

patchmatic generate only two files DSDT and SSDT. Jake Lo (from osxlatitude) helped me fixed and apply patches initially to get the graphics working. Then, I went to your site and applied suggested patches to get the battery working.

Here is a original DSDT without any patch. Thanks.

Extracted from ubuntu just now.

Attachments

• DSDT_X1C_ubuntu.aml
    76.9 KB · Views: 76
patchmatic generate only two files DSDT and SSDT. Jake Lo (from osxlatitude) helped me fixed and apply patches initially to get the graphics working. Then, I went to your site and applied suggested patches to get the battery working.

Here is a original DSDT without any patch. Thanks.

DSDT alone is not adequate. I think it is very likely you have dropped some SSDTs that are required.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Could you elborate more. I read the Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDT thread. Not sure what I did wrong or missing.

SSDT was generated using the script. DSDT was extracted and applied with your patches.

Could you point me to specially where it could have gone wrong or missing? Thanks

Attaching Clover/ACPI/origin directory. There are SSDT files other than the one I generated. Maybe you were referring to these.

What do I do with these SSDT files? Simply put SSDT-0.aml - SSDT-11.aml to the patched directory? Make sure they are compiled??

Attachments

• origin.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Could you elborate more. I read the Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDT thread. Not sure what I did wrong or missing.

SSDT was generated using the script. DSDT was extracted and applied with your patches.

Could you point me to specially where it could have gone wrong or missing? Thanks

You should read the entire post. Carefully.

You have dropped all your OEM SSDTs. I can see clearly that your DSDT _WAK method accesses items from IAOE. The IAOE is not present in your DSDT, and therefore is likely defined in one of the OEM SSDTs. If the code that accesses these identifiers is executed, the method will prematurely abort execution, leaving your system in precarious state.

Only by carefully reviewing the OEM SSDTs, filtering the CPU related SSDTs as appropriate, and including all required OEM SSTDs (potentially patched), can you make progress on this issue.

You have not provided enough information for me to "point me to specially where it could have gone wrong", but looking just at the unresolved external list in your DSDT provides adequate clues that you should completely review your OEM SSDTs...

Thanks. I will spend some more time on OEM SSDT generated by Clover.

Thanks. I will spend some more time on OEM SSDT generated by Clover.

Note that 'generated' is not the correct word. A 'generated' SSDT is one that is created by script (such as ssdtPRgen.sh) or bootloader (Generate/PStates, Generate/CStates) from nothing. When referring to OEM SSDTs, we are talking about 'extracting'. That is, the SSDTs already exist (provided by BIOS), and we are simply retrieving the bits that are already there.

Back