Contribute
Register

[Guide] MUSIC PRODUCTION Skylake Build: 10.11.6, Z170X-Designare, 6700K, HD530, TB3, 960 EVO M.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
- 1 TB port worked once, after rebooting 2 times with the TB peripheral connected and powered on, but doesn't work since...
I will check it deeper and let you know

I figured out, if I set boot time in clover above 3 or 4 seconds, I don't have to reboot the machine and my TB is working proper from the first start but If i set the boot time lower, I must reboot the computer once...

Just curious as to your compelling reason for wanting to go El Capitan vs. Sierra... Also, it would help us troubleshoot your issues if you would also list your hardware components. Since you didn't list those in your original post, there was no way we could know that you were wanting to use IGFX vs. dedicated GPU.

Regardless of EC or Sierra, the BIOS settings that QkY uses should be good for either OS...and always a good idea to have latest version of the BIOS on your build. It's fairly rare that a build recommendation would use a version of the BIOS that is not the most recent. Have you also tried some of the basic troubleshooting things like 1) trying a different USB port, 2) using a different USB flash drive. Also, are you using UniBeast to build your installer USB drive, or straight-up Clover? Again, it's really hard to help you troubleshoot when we don't have very much info. Thanks!
--B
Sorry, my build is in my info under my name. I didnt think i'd need to specify my build beyond that spot. Big reason for using El cap is that I only have Pro Tools 11, which doesnt work with sierra (As far as my research indicates). I've used 3 USBs, and initially i tried different USB ports but when that didn't work i stopped changing ports on later installer builds... I've tried using unibeast and ive using clover by itself. Same error everytime :(

EDIT: i tried all teh usb ports to no avail. Is there a reason I should use Sierra over el cap? I'll try to build a sierra installer and see if that runs any better. One strange bug i've been getting is that when i reach the error with 2 lines, my usb devices all stop working as well (the keyboard doesnt take input, the light on my usb stick shuts off). is that normal for memory/aptio errors or is that indicative of a bigger problem?

z170x ud3
f21
Corsair RAM 16GB @ 3200
I5-6600k
intel 530
zalman CNPS8000b
Corsair RM650x

Last edited:
I figured out, if I set boot time in clover above 3 or 4 seconds, I don't have to reboot the machine and my TB is working proper from the first start but If i set the boot time lower, I must reboot the computer once...

@maschinenwart thanks a lot, i did the trick and know my Tb's works perfectly. I choosed 6s, for info.
@BoomR thans to you too, i rebuilt my sierra unibeast key and finally passed the language screen.

@ALL, in Sierra, even with lot of memory for the graphics, i get little glitches around the apple menu in the top left of the screen.
In Sierra, even with the Alc's parameters checked in the MB process, i can't get the I/O to show up in pref/sound.
So, no sound in Sierra for me.

In El capitan, everything is perfectly running.

GB : 18200 with the automatic OC i7 6700k @4.6 in the Bios

Hi guys,

First, thanks for everything, @maschinenwart i'll test your tricks as soon as i can.

NEW ISSUE : lackmagic disk test can't test because "Hd are read only"

None of my disks can be tested by this soft.

Sombebody can help ? Must me some kind of permissions reset need?

Thanks a lot guys

R

Last edited:
I finally got my OS's to install! I'm confusd though, it seems the second half of this tutorial is missing. It doesn't say where I'm supposed to put my SSDT.aml or what to do with Kext Beast, Clover configurator or the config playlist post-install.

I finally got my OS's to install! I'm confusd though, it seems the second half of this tutorial is missing. It doesn't say where I'm supposed to put my SSDT.aml or what to do with Kext Beast, Clover configurator or the config playlist post-install.
You might want to take a read at my post here, in case my build log might help you answer those questions. BTW, SSD goes in EFI > Clover > ACPI > patched. The location of where this should go should also be mentioned in the post where you have the instructions on how to build your SSDT.aml file for your particular CPU (and whether you want "vanilla" or optimized for overclocking).

You might want to take a read at my post here, in case my build log might help you answer those questions. BTW, SSD goes in EFI > Clover > ACPI > patched. The location of where this should go should also be mentioned in the post where you have the instructions on how to build your SSDT.aml file for your particular CPU (and whether you want "vanilla" or optimized for overclocking).

Thanks! One last thing, I used a Z170X UD3 instead of the Designare used in both of your builds, are the chipsets similar enough that I can use the configs and steps you and QKY provided, or should I use a guide designed for Z170X UD3 specifically? I was using the QKY guide because otherwise, my build is similar.

I was planning to use the HD 530 graphics with Mac. The steps to implimenting that seem to be gone from QKYs guide, and the UD3 guide (by CNRD) and yours use a dedicated GPU. Do I need to do anything beyond getting the NVidia driver and using the 530 setup built into multibeast?

Thanks! One last thing, I used a Z170X UD3 instead of the Designare used in both of your builds, are the chipsets similar enough that I can use the configs and steps you and QKY provided, or should I use a guide designed for Z170X UD3 specifically? I was using the QKY guide because otherwise, my build is similar.

I was planning to use the HD 530 graphics with Mac. The steps to implimenting that seem to be gone from QKYs guide, and the UD3 guide (by CNRD) and yours use a dedicated GPU. Do I need to do anything beyond getting the NVidia driver and using the 530 setup built into multibeast?
I think the core chipsets of all the Z170X-(whatever_model) are similar enough that you should be OK to follow QKY's guide or mine. QkY's steps at the beginning are still valid for onboard graphics. I tried to make note in my build of where his instructions stop & where instructions for dedicated GPU pick up. And while the beg. of this guide appears to have been updated for Sierra, again, I think the basic steps to follow should also work for EC (if that's what you need to use).

And while the beg. of this guide appears to have been updated for Sierra, again, I think the basic steps to follow should also work for EC (if that's what you need to use).

My confusion lies mainly in the fact that I don't see a second half of the guide. There is no post instal included in the guide but there's frequent reference in the comments to steps taken in post-install. the only time gpu is mentioned is in reference to the BIOS setting and choosing the 530 bit in multibeast. Is the rest later in the thread or was that removed while being revised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back