Contribute
Register

[Guide] MUSIC PRODUCTION Skylake Build: 10.11.6, Z170X-Designare, 6700K, HD530, TB3, 960 EVO M.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally realized how to get my Apollo 8p recognised every time, I just have to turn it on at the clover boot screen and its always connected! Anybody have any idea why this is happening? @QkY Do u have the same issue? or maybe it depends on what Apollo thunderbolt card u have as well

Blast44 what kind of problems were u having? I'm having issues with my apollo 8p not connecting all the time, is it because of my graphics card?
FWIW, I'm using a NVIDIA GTX 970 card in the normal #1 position PCIe slot, and my TB is working fine. I set my Clover time-out to 10 seconds. That gives me enough time to plug in whatever TB devices I need to have working. I think I mentioned this near the end of my post (the secret sauce for getting your TB devices to be recognized is to plug in & turn on at Clover screen). Glad that you got it working!
TB Bios.png

Last edited:
FWIW, I'm using a NVIDIA GTX 970 card in the normal #1 position PCIe slot, and my TB is working fine. I set my Clover time-out to 10 seconds. That gives me enough time to plug in whatever TB devices I need to have working. I think I mentioned this near the end of my post (the secret sauce for getting your TB devices to be recognized is to plug in & turn on at Clover screen). Glad that you got it working!
View attachment 244216
Yep your right! I had read that but could not remember where! Great thanks alot! Any idea why that is happening though? Think it could be fixed in the future?

Yep your right! I had read that but could not remember where! Great thanks alot! Any idea why that is happening though? Think it could be fixed in the future?
I suspect the issue may be tied into why we have no hot swapping/plugging of TB devices on CustoMac. BTW, for some reason, I can now plug in a few of my TB devices while the machine is off, and I don't have to wait until Clover screen. This is a head-scratcher, for sure... but now lucky that I can just keep things connected all the time (albeit TB devices need to be powered on before powering up compute).

Since when did you guys have to plug in your TB gear while Clover boots? Last time I tried(some time ago with a Lynx Aurora 16 with TB card) I just needed to have my TB equipment connected and powered up on boot, that's all. No need for funny stuff while booting Clover. On the other hand, I'm not automatically booting into an OS, I choose one in the Clover boot screen everytime I power up the computer.

I suspect the issue may be tied into why we have no hot swapping/plugging of TB devices on CustoMac. BTW, for some reason, I can now plug in a few of my TB devices while the machine is off, and I don't have to wait until Clover screen. This is a head-scratcher, for sure... but now lucky that I can just keep things connected all the time (albeit TB devices need to be powered on before powering up compute).
Just installed 10.12.4.and my card is recognized from boot with fast boot option! Thought I'd share it with you! I'm excited! :) nope actually it worked for a few starts and now works only with a restart or with the previous method at cliver boot screen, at least now i can just restart and get it recognized which didn't even work for me before.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

New issue : 2nd screen issue

Somebody can have 2 screens working on internal graphics (i7 6700k) ?

I have 1st perfectly working on Hdmi
2nd tried with an adaptor : Displayport to Dvi-I (The screen is Dvi in)

When plugged like that, i've got no image on the first (Hdmi) screen and have big glitches on the 2nd (Displayport to Dvi) like unusable i can't see nothing clearly.

Any ideas?

May be simply my (chinese) adaptor?

Will try differently and let you know in the meantime

Thanks

R

Hi Guys,

New issue : 2nd screen issue

Somebody can have 2 screens working on internal graphics (i7 6700k) ?

I have 1st perfectly working on Hdmi
2nd tried with an adaptor : Displayport to Dvi-I (The screen is Dvi in)

When plugged like that, i've got no image on the first (Hdmi) screen and have big glitches on the 2nd (Displayport to Dvi) like unusable i can't see nothing clearly.

Any ideas?

May be simply my (chinese) adaptor?

Will try differently and let you know in the meantime

Thanks

R

Hi everybody,

I'm still unable to get dual screens on internal graphics, on this Z170x designare with i7 6700K.

Hdmi alone works, Displayport alone works, but both plugged doesn't.

Can anybody help me to get it work?

Thanks a lot,

RC

Great thread. I'm running the same motherboard and an Apollo Twin Duo with a Satellite Quad. I just installed Sierra 10.12.4 yesterday on an Intel X25-M with the BIOS at F22 and the Thunderbolt updated as well. I just copied the BIOS settings from the OP and it seems to be working fine, although the Apollo Twin doesn't always get picked up. I'm also not able to get my Radeon HD5450 to a resolution other than 1024x768, which is a huge pain, so I think a video card upgrade might be on the cards.

Interesting to note is that System Info shows Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded, and the Audio shows the Apollo Thunderbolt.

I read the comment about PCIe bandwidth with interest. My monitor is DVI-I only so I can't use the onboard graphics. If I'm upgrading to say an NVidia GTX 1050 Ti now that they are supported, is that going to eat up a lot of PCIe bandwidth that I should be keeping for audio over Thunderbolt 3?

Is anyone else having an issue where, on first boot, you'll get a KP or a reboot, but then will boot completely the 2nd or 3rd time? I need to figure out how to grab a log of the boot sequence (what you'd normally see when you boot verbose) so I can figure out where it's having a problem :banghead:

YES! It's been doing that all day long. It's rather frustrating. Did you ever figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back