Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I'm struggling to get a OSX Usb drive at the moment, but do not want to hold up by build for Win 10.
1. Is it possible to install Win 10 as you describe and then some time later do the OSX part?
2. If so, you said:
The only special thing you need to do for Win10 is create the EFI partition as the first partition on the drive and format the drive GPT partition tables. This is easiest to do with the OS X Disk Utility, but it can be done from an elevated command window at the Win10 installer screen with diskpart. If you do not know how to do it with diskpart I suggest you do it with OS X Disk Utility. Note that CSM must be enabled for the installation process.
How do I do the process you mention that is underlined?

@thepawn I would be grateful if you can capture your step by steps as you go through. I will do the same if I get the OSX to work

Well, the dock takes 2x 2.5'' SSDs so if the laptop's drive is the same form factor, sure.
I meant to say a laptop dvd drive.

I'm struggling to get a OSX Usb drive at the moment, but do not want to hold up by build for Win 10.
1. Is it possible to install Win 10 as you describe and then some time later do the OSX part?
2. If so, you said:
The only special thing you need to do for Win10 is create the EFI partition as the first partition on the drive and format the drive GPT partition tables. This is easiest to do with the OS X Disk Utility, but it can be done from an elevated command window at the Win10 installer screen with diskpart. If you do not know how to do it with diskpart I suggest you do it with OS X Disk Utility. Note that CSM must be enabled for the installation process.
How do I do the process you mention that is underlined?
shift+F10 opens the command prompt window.

Guys, hi, I need help, have a multi os setup that was working as of yesterday. Ubuntu, Win10 and OSx. Had clover 5107, all was fine. Updated clover to 5115 and now Windows will not complete the boot sequence, and ubuntu will boot but the graphics through the boot process are all screwed up, until login where everything is back to normal.

Windows will boot fine if I select it from BIOS, or overrride from BIOS, but if I go through clover it freezes halfway through.

All three OSs show up on clover, all uefi, all was working. Not really sure what happened when I updated clover, but really would like to get all my functionality back.

Thanks,

Manuel

Guys, hi, I need help, have a multi os setup that was working as of yesterday. Ubuntu, Win10 and OSx. Had clover 5107, all was fine. Updated clover to 5115 and now Windows will not complete the boot sequence, and ubuntu will boot but the graphics through the boot process are all screwed up, until login where everything is back to normal.

Windows will boot fine if I select it from BIOS, or overrride from BIOS, but if I go through clover it freezes halfway through.

All three OSs show up on clover, all uefi, all was working. Not really sure what happened when I updated clover, but really would like to get all my functionality back.

Thanks,

Manuel
Check the Clover changelogs for 5108/5109/5110/5111/5112/5113/5114/5115
At some time in there a change was made that may be causing you problems. Remember that a config.plist built for 5107 may not work correctly for 5115.
Suggest you revert to 5107 and verify you can boot from the USB to each OS.
Download the 5115 Clover install package. Connect a USB drive.
Install Clover 5115 to the USB drive
Using the Clover 5107 config.plist as a go-by, edit the 5115 config.plist on the USB drive, save it.
Add your kexts from the SSD EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other to the USB EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
Try to boot with the USB and see if it boots each OS OK.

Will try it now.

I was just plating around with my bios settings and managed to boot into Windows but when I booted back to OSx it was not working well and the gpu was not being recognized.

Also my usb keyboard was acting up and any key I hit was being repeated endlessly.

Thanks

Will try it now.

I was just plating around with my bios settings and managed to boot into Windows but when I booted back to OSx it was not working well and the gpu was not being recognized.

Also my usb keyboard was acting up and any key I hit was being repeated endlessly.

Thanks
Check the Clover changelogs for 5108/5109/5110/5111/5112/5113/5114/5115
At some time in there a change was made that may be causing you problems. Remember that a config.plist built for 5107 may not work correctly for 5115.
Suggest you revert to 5107 and verify you can boot from the USB to each OS.
Download the 5115 Clover install package. Connect a USB drive.
Install Clover 5115 to the USB drive
Using the Clover 5107 config.plist as a go-by, edit the 5115 config.plist on the USB drive, save it.
Add your kexts from the SSD EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other to the USB EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
Try to boot with the USB and see if it boots each OS OK.

Hi, 5115 did not boot my win drive regardless. I did go back to 5107 but it still won´t boot, Ubuntu is fine.

I might try reinstalling windows, still I´m asking in another part of the forum for help with windows.

Thanks for your help

Manuel

Back