Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

Is there a way to create a dualboot windows Sierra already installed on SSD1 and windows 10 already installed on SSD2 but not in the way as described in this topic?
In what way and on what hardware? Your profile needs exact make/model mobo - Windows 7 is worthless info

What is "CSM"? Thank you.

In what way and on what hardware? Your profile needs exact make/model mobo - Windows 7 is worthless info

You are right, I didn't update my profile for a long time and didn't thought about it when I came back here.

It's set now. I hope there's a way to dual boot correctly, without having to reinstall both OS. Currently my boot is standard to uefi windows and am pressing F11 to boot to Clover. Windows 10 uefi boot is present in the clover boot menu but it won't load ofcourse.

What is "CSM"? Thank you.
CSM is Compatibility Support Module and if enabled allows you to boot from Legacy Bios installed drives on boards with UEFI instead of Legacy BIOS.

You are right, I didn't update my profile for a long time and didn't thought about it when I came back here.

It's set now. I hope there's a way to dual boot correctly, without having to reinstall both OS. Currently my boot is standard to uefi windows and am pressing F11 to boot to Clover. Windows 10 uefi boot is present in the clover boot menu but it won't load ofcourse.
See the pinned guide in the Multi Booting forum for UEFI on separate drives. You probably just need the Windows boot file added to Clover.

See the pinned guide in the Multi Booting forum for UEFI on separate drives. You probably just need the Windows boot file added to Clover.

Do you mean to follow this part but for windows?

We will fix this with a config.plist edit.
Choose the OS X icon and boot to desktop. You will need to download Xcode or your favorite plist editor for this next step.
Mount the EFI partition and navigate to the config.plist. Open the config.plist in Xcode and add this entry:

If I just want Win10 and OSX (not Linux), do I just follow this guide and ignore the Linux section and everything should be fine? Also, I just installed win10 first. Now, do I keep the win10 ssd plugged in while I plug in my 2nd ssd to install OS X or do I disconnect the win10 ssd while installing os x? Thanks.

If I just want Win10 and OSX (not Linux), do I just follow this guide and ignore the Linux section and everything should be fine? Also, I just installed win10 first. Now, do I keep the win10 ssd plugged in while I plug in my 2nd ssd to install OS X or do I disconnect the win10 ssd while installing os x? Thanks.
You can install the Win10 and Sierra, ignoring the Linux part if you do not want Linux.
You can leave the Win10 drive connected if you are sure you can avoid formatting it by mistake when you format the OS X drive. Be very careful here if you had 2 or more drives connecrted when you installed Win10 as the installer might have created partitions on the other drive(s). Open the Windows disk management utility and look at the drives. Are the ReTools, MSR and EFI partitions on the same drive as the NTFS partition?

You can install the Win10 and Sierra, ignoring the Linux part if you do not want Linux.
You can leave the Win10 drive connected if you are sure you can avoid formatting it by mistake when you format the OS X drive. Be very careful here if you had 2 or more drives connecrted when you installed Win10 as the installer might have created partitions on the other drive(s). Open the Windows disk management utility and look at the drives. Are the ReTools, MSR and EFI partitions on the same drive as the NTFS partition?

Back