Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] MSI P67A-GD65 10.6.8 100% easy install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you installed all these?
EasyBeast
System Utilities (all)
AUDIO: Realtek ALC 8xx + Apple HDA Rollback + Non DSDT Enabler (ALC892)
Miscellaneous: all except NullCPUPowerManagement and Voodo PS2(s)
Network: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
Bootloaders: Chimera
Boot Options: 64-bit Apple Boot Screen + PCI Root ID Fix
Themes: what you want
OSx86 Software: all

Hi,

I'm running a Lion on my P67A-GD65 with a 2600k and a GTX580. Nearly everything is running smooth. The only thing i miss is speedstep. For this we'll need a patched DSDT.aml right?!

Has anyone managed to apply a patched DSDT and boot into osx with native Apple Powermanagement instead of Easybeast's NullCPUPowerManagement?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I always get AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext
Kernel Panics if i try to boot it up with dsdt..

harrypale said:
Have you installed all these?
EasyBeast
System Utilities (all)
AUDIO: Realtek ALC 8xx + Apple HDA Rollback + Non DSDT Enabler (ALC892)
Miscellaneous: all except NullCPUPowerManagement and Voodo PS2(s)
Network: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
Bootloaders: Chimera
Boot Options: 64-bit Apple Boot Screen + PCI Root ID Fix
Themes: what you want
OSx86 Software: all

Yes all of them , only thing i didn't try is to put my hdd on a sata2 port, it's hanging on my sata-600 port going to switch these.
and see what's happend.

Things i don't understand is that it's possable normaly we needed a asus board or gigabyte, beqause somthing to do with bios settings.
oke i will try is over again LoL. it's a hobby. :lol: :headbang: ....... :beachball:
only thing i need is a day longer than 24 hours hihihi

Hello again,

I just want to let you know that I finally run Lion with speedstep enabled on my P67A-GD65.

You have to use Speedstepper from another forum to patch the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext in order to work with a patched dsdt.aml...

Geekbench shows a score of about 14500 with a slight overclock to 4.2 Ghz in Turbo Mode.

However i have not used the dsdt auto patcher so I don't if that one will work too.

Good Luck!

gumpie said:
Yes all of them , only thing i didn't try is to put my hdd on a sata2 port, it's hanging on my sata-600 port going to switch these. and see what's happend.

Hi. Sorry, but I haven't specified it. You have to use Sata2 Ports... and you must activate HPET in the BIOS. AHCI is at 64 and not 32... If you do not succeed I can make a video on how to install it. Bye

PS. I have 15458 in Geekbench 64 bit (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/463111)

harrypale said:
gumpie said:
Yes all of them , only thing i didn't try is to put my hdd on a sata2 port, it's hanging on my sata-600 port going to switch these. and see what's happend.

Hi. Sorry, but I haven't specified it. You have to use Sata2 Ports... and you must activate HPET in the BIOS. AHCI is at 64 and not 32... If you do not succeed I can make a video on how to install it. Bye

PS. I have 15458 in Geekbench 64 bit (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/463111)

Oke, Superb i will try these settings to night. Hpet 64 , and Sata 2.
See what's brings me out this time ;-)

I have started my installation with a then installed 10.6.7 with multibeast 3.7.0.
Now i wil try to update it to 10.6.8 so that i can switch over to lion

You can upgrade to Lion also from 10.6.6

Hi. I made a video on how to install the stuff. Just give me time to upload it on youtube. Bye.

Hi guys!I installed Lion on my p67a everything is working ok!Thanks all of you! Now i want to clone my disk to another bigger.I used superduper and ccc but when i reboot my pc with the new disk it doesn't boot and returns some boot0 errors. Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back