Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you attached the correct one? Because in that one I don't see anything about p-states, or even cpu's.

Can you extract SSDT's with Ubuntu as well? I have it on a partition on my laptop.

Are you sure you attached the correct one? Because in that one I don't see anything about p-states, or even cpu's.

Can you extract SSDT's with Ubuntu as well? I have it on a partition on my laptop.

The command SHOULD be the same on ubuntu:
Code:
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT1 > ~/Desktop/SSDT1
and the same for SSDT2, SSDT3, etc.
you might want to do that for each SSDT and see if any of them look right, i have no idea why it has so many or if any of them are even usable. I just extracted the first one.
DSDTSE also has an option to extract an ssdt, so I looked into it... it lists SSDT, SSDT-1, and SSDT-2. SSDT looks like I extracted from arch, SSDT-1 and SSDT-2 both list 8 logical cores. So I don't really understand what to do with any of them. I don't know why the first one doesn't list any p-states or anything either.

Just wanted to say I'm enjoying reading your updates in this thread and excited to see the progress you will make. Keep it up!

All this AppleHDA patching stuff is really making my head hurt. I guess I'm supposed to use a DSDT patch with the correct layout-id but I don't know how to find out what the correct one is for this laptop. Right now it's layout-id 28 but the headphone jack doesn't work. I'm still not sure which patch to use for AppleHDA either, I found one here http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=58422 but I don't think it works in ML. And then there's HDMI which I don't even want to think about right now. I would be fine with Voodoo but the mic noise makes the thing useless.

Any gurus that may be able to drop some knowledge?

Edit: I think I may have been making the situation more complicated than it actually is... Just turn the recording level down in VoodooHDA prefs. Still, it would be nice to have a working patched AppleHDA. Anyone know how to make the output auto-switch when you plug in headphones with Voodoo?

To enable trim through clover on an unsupported SSD, put this under the KextsToPatch section in your Clover config.plist:
Code:
dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>TRIM Enabler</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
            </dict>

Still trying to get lid sleep to work properly. I used the dsdt edit included in dsdtse but I get an error when I try to compile. I've tried a few other lid sleep edits but no luck so far.

Still trying to get lid sleep to work properly. I used the dsdt edit included in dsdtse but I get an error when I try to compile. I've tried a few other lid sleep edits but no luck so far.

What DSDT edits are you using? Does your DSDT compile error free to begin with?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 91

Revert any lid sleep fixes you might've tried and apply the changes from here by adding the ECCM, RPUN and RPIN functions under the already-existing RPIN function in your DSDT (I recommend MaciASL over DSDTSE for it works much faster) and change the _LID and GLID method to call RPUN instead. Also: to get Fn+F7 to work, change _Q10 to call RPUN and SPUN instead of RPIN and SPIN, respectively. This will allow those methods to get the actual state of whatever they're querying instead of "0xFFFFF" (and SPUN will actually set the new state).

The current ST87 method only works if you use an older AppleACPIPlatform (you don't want to do that) or a newer one (you can't do that). I reverted the RPUN and SPUN changes in my DSDT since I don't need them anymore but it sounds like you do for the time being.

I think I made some progress with a patched AppleHDA. [...] The next step would be to path the AppleHDA binary.

The same binary patch that EmlyDinesh has in another topic there should be sufficient enough to work with your laptop since you have the same codec.

Revert any lid sleep fixes you might've tried and apply the changes from here by adding the ECCM, RPUN and RPIN functions under the already-existing RPIN function in your DSDT (I recommend MaciASL over DSDTSE for it works much faster) and change the _LID and GLID method to call RPUN instead. Also: to get Fn+F7 to work, change _Q10 to call RPUN and SPUN instead of RPIN and SPIN, respectively. This will allow those methods to get the actual state of whatever they're querying instead of "0xFFFFF" (and SPUN will actually set the new state).

The current ST87 method only works if you use an older AppleACPIPlatform (you don't want to do that) or a newer one (you can't do that). I reverted the RPUN and SPUN changes in my DSDT since I don't need them anymore but it sounds like you do for the time being.

The same binary patch that EmlyDinesh has in another topic there should be sufficient enough to work with your laptop since you have the same codec.
Thank you for that, I don't know how to use that patch in MaciASL though. When I paste it into the patch section or make a text file with it and import the text file, nothing comes up in the lower box.

@fvl did you try the link that I posted for patching AppleHDA for ALC269? Timewalker's version in the first post might work, if not, in the last post there's a patch using perl script. Also this is the DSDT edit I'm using for HDEF:
Code:
Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
                Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                {
                    DCKA,   1, 
                            Offset (0x01), 
                    DCKM,   1, 
                        ,   6, 
                    DCKS,   1, 
                            Offset (0x08), 
                        ,   15, 
                    PMES,   1
                }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }
As you can see, it uses layout 28. I don't really understand what the rest of it means though so it might need some tweaks to fully work.

Edit: Here is the binary patch I'm talking about:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x87\xec\x1a\x0f\x8f\x53\x01\x00\x00|\x69\x02\xec\x10\x0f\x84\x8f\x02\x00\x00|g' AppleHDA
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x87\xec\x1a\x0f\x8f\x2f\x01\x00\x00|\x69\x02\xec\x10\x0f\x84\x53\x02\x00\x00|g' AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back