Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the DSDT patch and it works! I now have a working battery manager with an unpatched AppleACPIPlatform.kext. That is, I see a battery percentage in the statusbar. First I tried to make my own patch, but that didn't work. Your patch is a lot more complex. Thanks!

Next stop: AppleHDA

For applehda check out Timewalker's 10.8/10.8.2 http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/
There's also this link but it's for lion so i don't know if it will work http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=58422&sid=67953c1bcd54acd5ec5cf278d6ba8f0a

Timewalker posted an AppleHDA binary patch for alc269vb in ML using perl but I couldn't get them to work. I'm not going to link to the site because I think that might be why I couldn't post.

edit: fvl could you post your ssdt for me? I'm going to create one myself but I've never done it before so I just want to have something to compare it to.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1,012 bytes · Views: 125
I attached my SSDT. I used the script in this post to generate my SSDT, so you can also make your own:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html#post536897

You can adjust the lowest P-state by changing the value of APLF in the SSDT. When using MSRDumper, I see multiple P-states, but it seems that not every P-state is generated.
Thanks fvl.

@RehabMan here is my dsdt with and without the battery patch.
without battery patch: http://d-h.st/4AA
with battery patch: http://d-h.st/2Ud

I can already see the link you posted looks like a different patch. What do I do with the one in that thread? do I just copy and paste it into a text file and then import it into MaciASL?

Thanks fvl.

@RehabMan here is my dsdt with and without the battery patch.
without battery patch: http://d-h.st/4AA
with battery patch: http://d-h.st/2Ud

I can already see the link you posted looks like a different patch. What do I do with the one in that thread? do I just copy and paste it into a text file and then import it into MaciASL?

I think the patch I linked applies to your DSDT. And the DSDT you posted as having a battery patch doesn't seem to have one...

Just copy the text in the code block from the post and paste it into MaciASL's patch window and it will show a preview of the changes, hit apply, then close then save to /Extra/DSDT.aml and try it. Hopefully it just works.

I think the patch I linked applies to your DSDT. And the DSDT you posted as having a battery patch doesn't seem to have one...

Just copy the text in the code block from the post and paste it into MaciASL's patch window and it will show a preview of the changes, hit apply, then close then save to /Extra/DSDT.aml and try it. Hopefully it just works.

Awesome, thank you. @fvl I tried to use ssdtPRGen but it's trying to set my lowest frequency to 1200 mhz. Is it because I'm using the MacBookAir5,1 definition and you're using 5,2? I also don't know why the attachment in the first post is an app instead of a bash script as described. I'm not sure how to manually set the the lowest frequency.

EDIT: RehabMan, I just tried that patch and it works perfect. Thanks for your help.

Awesome, thank you. @fvl I tried to use ssdtPRGen but it's trying to set my lowest frequency to 1200 mhz. Is it because I'm using the MacBookAir5,1 definition and you're using 5,2? I also don't know why the attachment in the first post is an app instead of a bash script as described. I'm not sure how to manually set the the lowest frequency.

The script is hidden inside the app. You can find it if you navigate into the app (which is just a directory). But you can also just run the app. Read the instructions.

By default it sets the lowest frequency to 1200 mhz. I am not sure why that is, but you can change it if you open de SSDT (eg. in MaciASL). If you set the value of APLF to 0x01 the lowest frequency is 900 mhz. I am still reading the thread to figure out how to set it to 800 mhz.

Edit: The script is not actually hidden inside the app, but when you run the app, the script will be put in your home directory. I knew I had seen the script somewhere ...

Yeah I figured that out about the script, I got the same results though when I specified the wattage, frequency, etc. It also gave me an error about macbookair5,1 not being in s/l/coreservices/platformsupport.plist. Is the ssdt necessary? I checked with msrdumper and without the ssdt I'm getting 8, 12, 15, 17, and 18. Is AGPM showing for you when you do kextstat | grep Graphics? I changed GPU0 to IGPU in my dsdt but it doesn't show, even though the board id is in the info.plist inside AGPM.

Check the following:
Code:
ioreg | grep X86Platform
If that doesn't show anything, you are probably using ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext and you don't have Ivybridge PM. I haven't been able to get it working without SSDT. It would be nice if you could get it to work with just Clover generated states. Also check if your edit is correct:
Code:
ioreg | grep IGPU
If that doesn't work, you could try another sysdef.

Note: To see AGPM, you should do
Code:
kextstat | grep AGPM

ps. Could you post your Clover config.plist? I am curious to see what I have that might screw up when using an edited DSDT.

Code:
ioreg | grep X86Platform
    | |   +-o X86PlatformPlugin  <class X86PlatformPlugin, id 0x1000002a4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (309 ms), retain 12>
    | |     +-o X86PlatformShim  <class X86PlatformShim, id 0x1000002e3, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
Code:
ioreg | grep IGPU
    | |   +-o IGPU@2  <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x1000001da, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (566 ms), retain 27>
Code:
kextstat | grep AGPM
   93    0 0xffffff7f81bf0000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.driver.AGPM (100.12.87) <65 58 56 10 5 4 3>
So I guess everything is loading, I just was looking for the wrong thing. I'm attaching my Clover config.plist. It's basically the defaults though besides the theme, timeout, and My Windows 8 volume hidden.

Also, the board-id in the original guide is wrong for MacBook5,1 (it's actually for 5,2), so I changed it to Mac-66F35F19FE2A0D05. I guess you already figured that out though since you're using 5,2. I'm using G82HW9A5DRV9 for the serial.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 148
This ssdt doesn't look anything like the one I had to edit to OC my 2600k so I'm not even sure what to do with it. I see what you mean about 0x1 for 900 mhz, 0x0 gave me a kernel panic. One thing I found strange is I think the package length should be 11 instead of 7...

Just to see what it would do, I extracted my SSDT with Arch with sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT1 > ~/Desktop. There were a bunch of them so I just used SSDT1. It compiled without errors in MaciASL without me touching anything, so I put it in with my DSDT and it gave me P-States 8, 12, 15, 17, 18. I'm not sure if it was actually doing anything since mine seems to be working fine without an SSDT, but I've attached it so you can try it out.

Attachments

• SSDT_arch.aml
    2.6 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back