Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine will be here in a few days... I wonder I'd there's a way to get the touchscreen to work after 100 clicks. An automator script or something.

I updated Post #18 to let everyone know that playing downloaded movie trailers in iTunes 11.0.4 isn't a problem anymore and it actually never was a problem. I just had dumb luck that I happened to download trailers that don't even work on a real MacBook Air or they work today when they didn't the other day. ARGH!!!

I'm confused about putting the EFI folder on the C:/ drive. Shouldn't it just stay on the microsoft EFI partition that it would normally boot Windows from? Also shouldn't both OS's be able to have their boot files on the same EFI partition as long as Clover's bootx64.efi is what it boots to by default?

I'm confused about putting the EFI folder on the C:/ drive. Shouldn't it just stay on the microsoft EFI partition that it would normally boot Windows from? Also shouldn't both OS's be able to have their boot files on the same EFI partition as long as Clover's bootx64.efi is what it boots to by default?

It's just one way I like to do. You don't have to it the way I do. You can put it in the EFI partition, and it should work with the new clover version.
I talked a little bit about this when replying to "cnc137".
In my case, after creating the partition for OS X, it generates a new EFI partition for OS X. So I can't access the Microsoft EFI anymore.
It's not the case for "cnc137" though.

Could I in theory boot the boot files for all OS's on the same efi partition?

Yes, you can boot OS X and Windows 8 from the same partition using the "Clover" EFI folder for OS X and the default "Microsoft" EFI folder for Windows 8. It worked for me if you follow the instructions I mentioned in Post #11 about creating the 200MB EFI partition first before installing Windows 8.

harry253 was able to create the Windows 8 and OS X partitions under Windows 8's installer and that is why he doesn't have the same EFI partition like you and I have with Clover, Windows 8 and OS X all on it.

I could have booted from the "Microsoft" folder on the EFI partition, but I ended up using the C:\EFI method on the Windows 8 partition like harry253 mentioned, since I was following his instructions and you can name it nicer using that. I ended up deleting the "Microsoft" folder on my EFI partition, since I was seeing two Windows 8 boot options on the boot menu until I delete it. I will warn you that if you delete the "Microsoft" folder from the EFI partition it may come back. I installed some Windows Updates and it was back and I had to remove it again.

It might be the better option to just use the Microsoft stuff on the EFI partition and skip the C:\EFI part of the set up if you have that option to avoid having to remove it again after future Windows 8 updates.

Okay that makes sense. I do want to have my boot options named properly. BTW you can just hide the windows efi partition in Clover's refit.conf so it won't keep showing up with every update.

After I installed Clover via EFI tool, I can no longer boot into Mac. Any tips? Namely, Clover boots from BIOS, but it only gives the option to boot into UEFI or "legacy", no mac. If I plug my USB back in, it will boot into mac verbose mode but then auto-restarts before a full boot..

Any help?

This is a dumb question, but am I supposed to buy a Windows 8 DVD? I tried to just find a trial download, assuming the computer would automatically activate it, but all I can find is Windows 8.1 Enterprise preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back