Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS Sierra(10.12.2) on Dell Inspiron 5547

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried again using config.plist for 4400 that you made available. Also, copied the drivers64UEFI and base kexts.

Got the same problem. Your guide said that 4400 needs special injections to work, but, the Intel Injection is on on the config.plist that I've downloaded.

Didn't worked on safe boot either. It stops right before the installer show up.

EDIT: Also, tried using 2.0 and 3.0 usb ports, but neither worked.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 271
Tried again using config.plist for 4400 that you made available. Also, copied the drivers64UEFI and base kexts.

Got the same problem. Your guide said that 4400 needs special injections to work, but, the Intel Injection is on on the config.plist that I've downloaded.

Didn't worked on safe boot either. It stops right before the installer show up.

EDIT: Also, tried using 2.0 and 3.0 usb ports, but neither worked.

No verbose boot photo attached.
misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2)
No files in ACPI/origin (you forgot to press F4)
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
The revision of Clover is not the one recommended in my guide.
Go back and read it carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No verbose boot photo attached.
misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2)
No files in ACPI/origin (you forgot to press F4)
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
The revision of Clover is not the one recommended in my guide.
Go back and read it carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I could manage to install everything and boot after following everything step by step. BUT, I've forgot to put HFSPlus.efi on the SSD Clover, now I can't boot, just keeps resetting. Is there any way to boot and put the file via USB?

Thank you for your time. And sorry for being such a dumb xD

Really apreciate it.

I could manage to install everything and boot after following everything step by step. BUT, I've forgot to put HFSPlus.efi on the SSD Clover, now I can't boot, just keeps resetting. Is there any way to boot and put the file via USB?

Thank you for your time. And sorry for being such a dumb xD

Really apreciate it.

Boot using your USB stick, then fix your EFI/Clover on SSD.

Hi everyone,

This guide is a humble "thank you" for all the help and information I got here when I was trying to install Sierra on my laptop. :)

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the performance. As a designer/developer, I use a lot of tools for editing like Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator. Alternating between vscode and IntelliJ for development - with iTerm as terminal and running multiples instances of web applications. Xcode works fine too, especially when using iOS Simulator. Also Spotify, MindNode, BaseCamp, Tower.. most of the time everything is running simultaneously. So, a lot of stuff. And the system responds well.

Q: What works?
A: Pretty much everything that is described in Step 4: Audio, Video, Wireless, Ethernet, Screen Brightness, Keyboard And Touchpad, Battery indicator.

Q: What does not work?
A: Bluetooth: Stays always on, but doesn’t work.
A: Awaking from Sleep (after a long time): Displays along with Clover Boot Screen a message above the HDD, saying “OS X SIERRA - HIBERNATED”. When I select the HDD, a progress bar appears overlapping the screen and when it goes 100% nothing happens. I need to force the shutdown, pressing the power button for some time and power on again.

P.S: Possible solutions for these two problems are welcome ;)

Specifications:
Dell 5547

BIOS: vA08
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U
Ethernet Realtek RTL 8106E
Dell Wireless 1707 Card (802.11BGN + Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4 GHz)
Card Reader Realtek RTS 5179
Integrated Intel Graphics 4400
AMD Radeon R7 M265 GB
Audio Realtek ALC3234
Dell Touchpad and Keyboard
Intel(R) 8 Series USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0

STEP 1: Creating Bootable USB
Create a Bootable USB with the latest version of Unibeast. You can follow this guide here

STEP 2: Configuring BIOS Settings
Set the right values for BIOS and then install Sierra. Use UEFI Mode.

1. Load Optimized Defaults
2. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
3. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
4. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
5. Set OS Type to Other OS
6. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
7. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
8. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
9. Save and exit.

Plug USB, press F12, select the USB and go through the process. (See the guide link above)

STEP 3: Pos Installation with Multibeast
Install Clover Bootloader using Multibeast Sierra Edition and check the following:

1. Quick Start:
  • [x] UEFI BOOT Mode.
2. Drivers:
  • Disk:
    • [x] Intel Generic AHCI SATA;
  • Misc:
    • [x] FakeSMC Plugins
    • [x] Fake SMC HWMonitor (Optional)
    • [x] NullCPUPowerManagement.
  • USB:
    • [x] 3rd Party USB 3.0
3. Bootloaders:
  • [x] Clover UEFI Boot Mode.
4. Customize:
  • [x] MacBook Pro 6.1 (worked for me)
5. Build it.
6. Reboot.

STEP 4: Making things work
Download .zip files.

• Keyboard And Touchpad:
    Using: SmartTouchpad_V4.6.5.zip
    How-to:
    Remove any existing 'ApplePS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard' kexts already installed in '/System/Library/Extensions '.
    2. Open Kext Wizard and install the kext provided.

• Wireless:
    Using: Dell-Wifi-1707(A9565).zip
    How-to:
    1. In System/Library/Extensions, delete IO80211Family.kext and IO80211FamilyV2.kext.
    2. Open Kext Utility and install corecapture.kext and CoreCaptureResponder.kext.
    3. Open Clover Configurator and mount your EFI partition.
    4. Go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 (create the folder if needed) and paste IO80211Family.kext provided.

• Ethernet:
    Using: RealtekRTL8100.zip
    How-to:
    1. Goto /System/Library/Extensions and delete the any old RealtekRTL8100.kext installed (if you’re not doing a fresh install).
    2. Recreate the kernel cache (just open Kext Utility).
    3. Open System Preferences and delete the corresponding network interface, e.g. en0. If you forget this step you might experience strange problems with certain Apple domains, iTunes and iCloud later.
    4. Install RealtekRTL8100.kext with Kext Utility.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Open System Preferences again, select Network and check if the new network interface has been created automatically or create it manually now.
    7. Configure the interface.
  • Battery indicator:
    Using: ACPIBatteryManager.zip
    How-to: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with Kext Wizard.
  • Graphic Card:
    Using: FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and config.plist right values.
    How-to:
    1. Using Clover Configurator, mount EFI Partition.
    2. Load the config.plist from mounted EFI/Clover/ using "Import Configuration".
    3. Set Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX to 0x04128086.
    4. Set Graphics/ig-plataform-id to 0xa260006.
    5. Export Configuration > Save.
    6. Copy FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIIDIntelHD_Graphics.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
    7. Install both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIIDIntelHD_Graphics.kext with Kext Utility.
    8. Reboot.

• Audio:
    Using: VoodooHDA.kext.zip (v.2.8.8)
    How-to:
    Install VoodooHDA.kext with Kext Wizard.
P.S: You can try patch AppleHDA or another approach. Tell me if it works, please.

• Screen Brightness:
    Using: DSDT Patch.zip
    How to: I followed this video for patching. [link]

P.S: You can apply other patches if you want, I only used the graphics_PNLF.

Update 25.04:
Please follow this guide for extract DSDT, this is the right way to do it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

:)

Hi,i have dell inspiron 3542 with DW1705(AR9565) wifi adaptor.so is your wifi working? and can your method will work on my laptop?

I have a Dell Inperion 5547 the i7 model thou and it has a different wifi card :/.Would this guide work for the same ?
Thank you

Hey man, I have the same laptop i7 with touch (5547) you solved the HDMI problem?
No, I haven't solved it. Good luck with your machine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back