Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

@lancelotedward
Strange! I don't see anything wrong in your EFI. Only (not related to your issue) car-active-config must be 000000000 and when I open the file I see a different hex number. Check it.
I can't say anything more.
Try my last EFI, get it here, write your serials and tell me if it works better.

@lancelotedward
Strange! I don't see anything wrong in your EFI. Only (not related to your issue) car-active-config must be 000000000 and when I open the file I see a different hex number. Check it.
I can't say anything more.
Try my last EFI, get it here, write your serials and tell me if it works better.
Hi, Thanks so much for getting back so quickly... I'll check csr-active-config right away, interestingly, I had forgotten I put the PC to sleep, and pressed the start button on the case. It started up with no probs and no screen defects. Normally I click the mouse to wake it up. Maybe there's something going on with the USB contoller. I checked the pci address and it's the same for wake = 0

I have internal GPU disabled in bios, which configuration of your EFI would you suggest that most matches my hardware... Do I need to set up trim for the SSD, as I heard if one doesn't the drive has a short life...? Many thanks for your help, Fantastic, Cheers

Hi, I looked at csr-active config and found this:

<dict>
<key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
<data>FA==</data>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>alcid=13</string>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<data>00000000</data>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<data></data>
<key>run-efi-updater</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>ForceDisplayRotationInEFI</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Delete</key>
<dict>
<key>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14</key>
<array>
<string>UIScale</string>
<string>DefaultBackgroundColor</string>
</array>
<key>4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
<array>
<string>rtc-blacklist</string>
</array>
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<array>
<string>boot-args</string>
<string>csr-active-config</string>
</array>

I'm surprised a Hex value showed up?

Hi, I looked at csr-active config and found this:

<dict>
<key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
<data>FA==</data>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>alcid=13</string>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<data>00000000</data>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<data></data>
<key>run-efi-updater</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>ForceDisplayRotationInEFI</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Delete</key>
<dict>
<key>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14</key>
<array>
<string>UIScale</string>
<string>DefaultBackgroundColor</string>
</array>
<key>4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
<array>
<string>rtc-blacklist</string>
</array>
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<array>
<string>boot-args</string>
<string>csr-active-config</string>
</array>

I'm surprised a Hex value showed up?
Hi, Thanks so much for getting back so quickly... I'll check csr-active-config right away, interestingly, I had forgotten I put the PC to sleep, and pressed the start button on the case. It started up with no probs and no screen defects. Normally I click the mouse to wake it up. Maybe there's something going on with the USB contoller. I checked the pci address and it's the same for wake = 0

I have internal GPU disabled in bios, which configuration of your EFI would you suggest that most matches my hardware... Do I need to set up trim for the SSD, as I heard if one doesn't the drive has a short life...? Many thanks for your help, Fantastic, Cheers
@miliuco

You Sir, are an absolute genius ! Everything has been solved, sleep, wierd artefacts on screen, HDD's recognised - absolutely brilliant. Many thanks !

@lancelotedward
Glad to read you. How has it been fixed?

About csr-active-config I got an strange hex value but it would be due to an error of the plist editor.

@miliuco

I think I may have missed the sleep pattern, as the PC is in another room. The PC tends to wake to do things like indexing - HDD's chomping away, sys fan on - but the screen is still blank, until I click the mouse once and it all comes to life instantly. No screen artefacts and all functioning.

I have wake on Lan disabled, so I'm not sure what's preventing total sleep? CPU state 4 ? Is there anything else I'm missing? The Bios had been raised to 10, the latest, which one cannot wind back to 10F, according to Gigabyte. Hence I don't have all the Bios settings available, that you mention.

I used your fantastic "config-13-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS, and added my serial No's" which fixed everything apart from the niggling temporary sleep problem. But if that's it, then I can live with it, cos boot times are so quick - around 20 seconds. Not a real problem. Many thanks for your help.

@lancelotedward
I run this command in Terminal to have proper sleep on macOS:
Bash:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 1;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset displaysleep 10;sudo pmset disksleep 15;sudo pmset sleep 20;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset standby 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;sudo pmset womp 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool no
After that, check that Screensaver timeout is shorter than displaysleep timeout.

Note: set the timeouts to your liking.

@lancelotedward
Bash:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 1;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset displaysleep 10;sudo pmset disksleep 15;sudo pmset sleep 20;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset standby 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;sudo pmset womp 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool no
After that, check that Screensaver timeout is shorter than displaysleep timeout.

@lancelotedward
Bash:

@miliuco

Wow, now that's a pay grade way higher than me !

How does this interact with the sleep settings in energy saving?

Does it over-ride settings in energy saving? If so, does energy saving graphic reflect this?

Or do these sudo instructions only affect "User" mouse click on "sleep" ?

One more thing if I may: are the figures in: milliseconds, seconds, minutes?

So grateful...

@miliuco

Wow, now that's a pay grade way higher than me !

How does this interact with the sleep settings in energy saving?

Does it over-ride settings in energy saving? If so, does energy saving graphic reflect this?

Or do these sudo instructions only affect "User" mouse click on "sleep" ?

One more thing if I may: are the figures in: milliseconds, seconds, minutes?

So grateful...
Found out that time is in minutes, many thanks, I'll try it...

@lancelotedward
These are the basic recommended settings for hackintosh. You can change it to your liking. Look for an explanation about each item.
Displaysleep, disksleep and sleep are in minutes.
All are macOS commands. They along with a proper USB map give to me a good sleep experience.
Energy Saver panel can change after running them.

Back