Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaio36 said:
@CyberWalrus
nice work bro, but the new dsdt is still with battery issue. so i tried to add some codes from my old dsdt into your new dsdt based on the form of difference of our dsdt which posted by you.

but, it doesn't work.... there are some more difference between ours...

so, what i have done is add the codes of close down ati part into my old dsdt....then yes ati closed down..and battery works fine......@_@_@
anyway thx for the awesome work...temperature is fine now...
You can upload the newest DSDT you edited

@vaio36

So what kext setup are you using for battery these days?
Are you using the 16 bit registers or the split 8 bit ones?

I haven't really made much effort to get it working, but it should be possible without voodoo battery or downgraded kexts, which is kinda what I'm after

@Cyberwalrus

This will be my last day at home before going into hospital. I tried you latest kext's for battery and audio, here is my feedback:=

Battery: Removed Voodoo Battery and installed the two new battery kexts. It worked but to me it seems more unreliable than the original voodoo battery. maybe 3 out of 5 boots would result in no battery found. So have gone back to the old kext's and voodoo battery for the moment.

Audio/HDA: The new AppleHDA & IOAppleAudioFamily does indeed fix the speaker working after sleep. However it introduces a new problem in that you can only seem to use the headphones once. After removing them and plugging them back in the headphones do not work anymore... As i am likely to be using headphones in hospital i may switch back to the older version.

I can definitely confirm that the new FakeSMC I uploaded does fix the graphics corruption problem and on the whole it does seem a little more stable.

I've bought a Preloaded 3G USB dongle with 10Gig download so i will be able to keep an eye on what going on while in hospital as long as they dont confiscate it as they do not want any wifi devices on the ward :think:

Thanks again to everyone for all of you for your help, between us i got a woking OSX laptop which will keep me sane in the coming weeks/months while i am in hospital.

Cheers
Jay

@CyberWalrus
the battery codes also pick from your dsdt...and it is 8 bit version...
so there is no differences between battery codes part.. must be somewhere else.
what am i use are these two

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext 1.0
AppleACPIPlatform.kext1.4

about
AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext is not being loaded

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    33.8 KB · Views: 140
jaymonkey,

Best of luck with your hospital visit. Better load up some games and garage band. The only chance for me to try reinstall is if I get a good deal on SSD and try that. Right now I have too little time for even using the setup for the purpose of learning let alone time for reinstalling.

Cheers,

wadalada

Thank you for the kind messages from everybody,
I will try and stay in touch when and if i can.
The VaioBookPro is now fully loaded (including Garage Band ..etc)

Certainly wont get board, going to try and learn Cinema 4D, got some training videos and books to keep the mind focused.

Hope you guys can get a little nearer on everything, @Vaio36 - if you do reinstall, your Trackpad will work but use the SE pack I posted not the one just posted by @Cyberwalrus unless he can somehow merge the two devices in to one package but i somehow think thats going to be a lot of work.

Cheers All
Jay

jaymonkey said:
Thank you for the kind messages from everybody,
I will try and stay in touch when and if i can.
The VaioBookPro is now fully loaded (including Garage Band ..etc)

Certainly wont get board, going to try and learn Cinema 4D, got some training videos and books to keep the mind focused.

Hope you guys can get a little nearer on everything, @Vaio36 - if you do reinstall, your Trackpad will work but use the SE pack I posted not the one just posted by @Cyberwalrus unless he can somehow merge the two devices in to one package but i somehow think thats going to be a lot of work.

Cheers All
Jay

@jaymonkey
best wish to you

about appleHDA thing...it's works fine even replug in or out headset... i don't know will check the one in the pack......

@CyberWalrus
U r RIGHT. SE(VPCSE13FX) have a synapics trackpad.

I find a wifi+BT3.0 Card.——atheros AR5B195

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 191
because the Trackpad.prefPane copy to L\P ,NOT replace the S\L\P
so U NEED to add this code in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Attachments

• 1.tiff
    89.8 KB · Views: 280