Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime said:
@CyberWalrus
This DSDT work fine for me. Can you remove ATI card in this DSDT?. Thanks.
Works fine in what respect? This looks like one of vaio36's older dsdts with odd maldon random number changes in it. What does it fix?

jaymonkey said:
@Cyberwalrus

What utility are you using to monitor temps?, do you use the SMBIOS sensor plugins ? I haven’t done any temp monitoring so far but now I think it might be worth keeping an eye on things.

Thanks Again
Jay
Attached

EDIT forgot to attach the app as well.

Attachments

• fakesmc.zip
    91.3 KB · Views: 101
  • HWMonitor.zip
    169 KB · Views: 111
@CyberWalrus
Sorry, but newest DSDT in the first post, battery bar not show for me. What wrong ?. Although everything workfine. Sound, sleep,.... But not Battery bar.

wadalada said:
Here are some info when I am running Fedora that might be useful to you:

[ 1.402905] i8042: PNP: PS/2 Controller [PNP0303:pS2K,PNP0f13:pS2M] at 0x60,0x64 irq 1,12
[ 1.405520] serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
[ 1.405525] serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
[ 2.136982] psmouse serio1: synaptics: Touchpad model: 1, fw: 7.4, id: 0x1e0b1, caps: 0xd04773/0xa40000/0xa0400
[ 2.172039] input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3

It appears that the key to making this work is in the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

I think this is just a dummy driver to identify the SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad the info.plist has the following Hardware Identifiers :-

Code:
<dict>
		<key>ACPI PS/2 Nub</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>AppleACPIPS2Nub</string>
			<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>PNP0303</string>
				<string>PNP030B</string>
			</array>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOACPIPlatformDevice</string>
			<key>MouseNameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>PNP0F03</string>
				<string>PNP0F0B</string>
				<string>PNP0F0E</string>
				<string>PNP0F13</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>

As you can see both ID's (PNP0303,PNP0f13) for the match are there, these two ID's where the ones I added to get it working, i did not touch the ApplePS2Controller.kext.

Don't Understand why it does not work for you, Did you rename/remove VoodooPS2Controller ?

--------------------------

Update on some of ther stuff I'm looking at.

Card Reader:

The card reader in our laptops has a Ven ID of 104c (RealTek Semiconductor Co) and a Device ID of 5209. Unfortuantley this is a PCIe buss connected device not USB bus. As far as I can tell no Apple MacBookPros have ever had a PCIe card reader, they have always been internal usb buss devices. So there is no base kext to work with. The Linux boys are working on a driver. Once they have a working driver we should be able to port it over, until then i dont think we will be able to get this working.

USB3

Like everyone here I have tried all the versions of the LiCie driver and even tried patching my own but like just about everybody else the OS locks up as soon as you insert a device. I noticed that Sony pushed out a recent VAIO Update to the Windows 7 USB3 driver. I think we might get a solution to this at some time in the future. Most of the latest HP, Dell & Sony laptops all use the same USB3 Device so there are lots of people working on it.

Best I've heard is that someone got it working if use the very latest patched LiCie driver in Multibeast 4.3.0. Then after bootup, put the system to sleep and then wake up. After that the USB3 works ok even after sleep. I tried it but it didnt work for me so dont hold to much hope for you guys but it might be worth a shot if your board :lol:

Dont know if you guys are aware but the HP DV6 Pavilion 6020 has the same Card Reader and USB3 devices so that one to keep an eye on.

Am currently working on modifying ApplePS2Keyboard to map brightness keys to correct keys (FN+F4/F5) also trying to get key codes for the extra sony buttons so we could map Mission Control/LaunchPad .. etc to them seems a shame not to make use of them.

Keep Chipping away at it guys
Cheers
Jay

@cyberwalrus

Many thanks for Hardware Monitor App and Sensor Kext’s

Seems to work great, when running apps like chrome, word .. etc temps seem to be stable at 50-55 degs. Under big load have seen 85degs. I don’t think that is to bad ?

One thing it does let me keep an eye on is the CPU stepping, seems it only switches to three different values.

792Mhz
2475Mhz
3267Mhz

Do those numbers make sense, I have 2.8Ghz i7 CPU, I know the Intel Turbo Boost speed for the chip is 3.2ghz but I’ve never seen it run 2.8Ghz which is the claimed speed for the i7 CPU ?

Screen grab attached
Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• Sony_SE_Temp.jpg
    Sony_SE_Temp.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 172
@jaymonkey

Regarding the PS2 stuff, what do you see in ioregistry viewer?

With your kexts, the trackpad does show up in there, and is correctly identified as an alps. However, it still doesn't work. The only abnormality I can see is the duplication of the PS2 device, it seems the trackpad loads on the PS2K device, and then again on the PS2M device. I'm thinking the one loaded on the PS2K is loaded first, and then that doesn't work properly. Then when it comes to loading on the PS2M device, its already "taken" by the driver on the PS2K device, so it doesn't load properly. This is purely speculation, and it might just all be cosmetic. I'm looking into sorting it out anyway though.

With speedsteping, those pstates do seem a little odd. You could try disabling the "generate p states" flag in your boot.plist, as I think the stock pstates work as well.

jaymonkey,

Great chipping away work and I believe that's the way to move forward.

CyberWalrus,

I have to keep dual link to make my 1080p monitor working. I might give your latest DSDT a try with my edid .

Good luck all,

wadalada

wadalada said:
jaymonkey,

Great chipping away work and I believe that's the way to move forward.

CyberWalrus,

I have to keep dual link to make my 1080p monitor working. I might give your latest DSDT a try with my edid .

Good luck all,

wadalada

the 1080p dsdt in my pack has dual link, it should be fine for you to use.

CyberWalrus said:
@jaymonkey

As Far as I can tell its loaded ok

Jay

Attachments

• trackpadps2synaptics.png
    trackpadps2synaptics.png
    248 KB · Views: 283
jaymonkey said:
CyberWalrus said:
@jaymonkey

As Far as I can tell its loaded ok

Jay

Hmm.. see thats interesting. Its loaded as a synapics, where on mine it shows as an alps. Its also all loaded on the PS2M device, and the PS2K is a stub. Ill see what I can do to get that kind of setup on mine and everyone elses

CyberWalrus said:
Hmm.. see thats interesting. Its loaded as a synapics, where on mine it shows as an alps. Its also all loaded on the PS2M device, and the PS2K is a stub. Ill see what I can do to get that kind of setup on mine and everyone elses

The stub is setup by the AppleACPIPS2nub.kext
Here is how the stub looks: -
Jay

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.52.47.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.52.47.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.52.57.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.52.57.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.57.27.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 20.57.27.png