Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [GUIDE][DSDT help needed] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB (VPCSA/SB)

I hope is not asking for too much. :( is that possible to make the touchpad multi touch?

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone get ATI working in SA? I know graphic switch is not possible, but if can fix to ATI it's good enough.

lukeyang said:
Just wondering if anyone get ATI working in SA? I know graphic switch is not possible, but if can fix to ATI it's good enough.

I somehow doubt this is possible with our laptops, as it needs to communicate with the HD3000 in a way that cannot be implemented in OS X without any technical information on how they do the "switch". Completely disabling the internal graphics bricks your laptop, while vice versa, it causes no issues.

zipxavier said:
For anyone with a Vaio SA, I have attached two display calibration profiles that are a night and day difference from the standard Display profiles included with Lion.

First unpack this file, and copy the two ICM files into /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

Then head to System Preferences, and click on Display

Hit the Color tab, and click on one of the VAIO-SA profiles to see an instant and amazing improvement in color accuracy and overall quality.

I did not create these, all credit goes to StormBlade83 from the NotebookReview.com forum.

Just wanted to say thanks again CyberWalrus for all of your efforts.

It's really amazing to use these display calibration profiles. The color and display quality REALY improves a lot. Thanks for providing the files.

My SB35, USB 2.0 and 3.0 not working too. How to fix, please ?

hassanaliraza said:
Yes i did copy all the kexts from extra & install the BIOS patch. Still not able to boot from HDD but it works fine 100% from Bootable USB :) so any thing which can fix the boot problem

Regards,

There is a thread also discussing this topic:

"Lion works fine as long as I boot using the Unibeast ThmDriv"
viewtopic.php?f=170&t=42422

Hope it helps for you.

Prime said:
My SB35, USB 2.0 and 3.0 not working too. How to fix, please ?

You may refer to the posts of this thread to find how to make USB 2.0 work.

HI CyberWalrus,
you have some news for me, to fix the audio on hdmi
and the second monitor (VGA) is wrong
thanks

CyberWalrus, any chance you accept donations? You definitely deserve it.

The Atheros card you recommended, along with the kext you provided work flawlessly. Thanks again for all the hard work, I can't believe how well Lion is running.

A reminder for anyone using an SSD with their Vaio and Mac, you'll need to enable TRIM functionality to ensure your drive runs optimally.

Grab that here http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322

hassanaliraza said:
Wow such a nice guide. I successfully installed Lion on my Vaio S Series but there is a problem :(

i can't boot from HDD. i have to use Lion USB to boot my computer. Is there any help how can i install boot loader on the HDD. Well i already tried chimera and chameleon but nothing is working :(

Regards,

Well, This will be caused by the bios in our laptops, it cant boot off the older EFI specification that mac uses. You can either use the MBR installer patches for whatever version you are installing with (google is your friend there) or you can use a somewhat complicated setup like I use, using grub to chainload chameleon/chimera. This can be done from windows or linux, PM me for more info on that.

lidas said:
HI CyberWalrus,
you have some news for me, to fix the audio on hdmi
and the second monitor (VGA) is wrong
thanks

HDMI audio is going to be a pain. It would help greatly if vaio36 could explain what he did to make his appleHDA.kext, so I can then try and get that working on the latest version+ the hdmi patches.

VGA is "legacy" in mac, but I believe you can add it back with DSDT patches. I will look into it

zipxavier said:
CyberWalrus, any chance you accept donations? You definitely deserve it.

The Atheros card you recommended, along with the kext you provided work flawlessly. Thanks again for all the hard work, I can't believe how well Lion is running.

A reminder for anyone using an SSD with their Vaio and Mac, you'll need to enable TRIM functionality to ensure your drive runs optimally.

<span>Grab that here http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322</span>

Wow, Thanks for the offer!
I guess if you really think its worth it, you could send a donation to my paypal,
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... EYF6FD8PZW
any amount would be much appreciated, and thanks everyone who has contributed and supported this so far. Its taking a long time, but I think its been worth it to get this far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back