Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mp_ice9,

For multi-booting, it's always a good idea to install everything else before MacOSX. I haven't tried time machine before but jaymonkey has very good success with it. I usually just reinstall. With the right DSDT and kexts install isn't so bad once you find a combination that works.

Good luck,

wadalada

Battery icon don't visible (((
I have tried everything ((

Re: PS2 problem

jaymonkey said:
I know you got SE2 same as me and I know you got exact same hardware ID's for your trackpad, and I know your using the the same install source as me so it has to be possible to get your trackpad working :banghead:

I've just created a zip file (attached) with the relevant contents of my extra folder and my trackpad installer. Make a backup copy of your extra folder then copy the contents of my extra folder over yours (includes DSDT, & custom plists). next install the trackpad stuff as per instructions in the rtf file i included in the trackpad folder.

I tried your package on my SE1 and made the trackpad work as well, only have to move the kexts under the ApplePS2Controller.kext's plugin folder into /S/L/E, otherwise the laptop's keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

I downloaded the SleepEnabler from osx86.net (http://www.osx86.net/view/2710-sleepena ... n4050.html) and it worked.

I had an interesting finding with the bluetooth module of the AR9285 card. It works if the laptop is booted into Windows or Linux first and then booted into OS X after a "Restart", rather than "Shutdown". I guess it has something to do the flushing of chip's firmware.

pgh550 said:
I tried your package on my SE1 and made the trackpad work as well, only have to move the kexts under the ApplePS2Controller.kext's plugin folder into /S/L/E, otherwise the laptop's keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

I downloaded the SleepEnabler from osx86.net (http://www.osx86.net/view/2710-sleepena ... n4050.html) and it worked.

I had an interesting finding with the bluetooth module of the AR9285 card. It works if the laptop is booted into Windows or Linux first and then booted into OS X after a "Restart", rather than "Shutdown". I guess it has something to do the flushing of chip's firmware.

Glad to hear you also had some success with my trackpad kexts. The reason you have to use an alternate OS to initialize the bluetooth is because as i said the firmware is loaded
on to the device by the driver. did you check the link i posted to te guys who were in the process of porting the linux driver over to osx.

Have you had any luck connecting to wifi at 'n' speeds ?, best i've been able to achieve is around 110Mbps ?

Cheers
JayMonkey

jaymonkey said:
Glad to hear you also had some success with my trackpad kexts. The reason you have to use an alternate OS to initialize the bluetooth is because as i said the firmware is loaded
on to the device by the driver. did you check the link i posted to te guys who were in the process of porting the linux driver over to osx.

Have you had any luck connecting to wifi at 'n' speeds ?, best i've been able to achieve is around 110Mbps ?

Cheers
JayMonkey

I tried but could not see any difference. I re-read the posts there and it seems people there observed the same behavior. How do you do the wifi speed test?

The WebCam on my SE1 still does not work all time. I still had not figured out the condition under which it works.

pgh550 said:
I tried but could not see any difference. I re-read the posts there and it seems people there observed the same behavior. How do you do the wifi speed test?

The WebCam on my SE1 still does not work all time. I still had not figured out the condition under which it works.

i use a little menu utility called wifispy despite its sinister name, all it does is show the current wifi connection speed, usefull little app if you dont already have it and like all good stuff on the mac its free :headbang:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35034/wifispy/

for your web cam issue, i think after osx 10.6.5 the web cam must be a usb2 device not usb1 i had the same issue with my sony sz what you have to do is find a patched 10.6.5 webcam kext try checking the hardware id pci codes find the device and then check it specs, webcams a finikey at the best od times

Jay

jaymonkey said:
i use a little menu utility called wifispy despite its sinister name, all it does is show the current wifi connection speed, usefull little app if you dont already have it and like all good stuff on the mac its free :headbang:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35034/wifispy/

for your web cam issue, i think after osx 10.6.5 the web cam must be a usb2 device not usb1 i had the same issue with my sony sz what you have to do is find a patched 10.6.5 webcam kext try checking the hardware id pci codes find the device and then check it specs, webcams a finikey at the best od times

Jay

Tried the little app, only got 54 :(. My wifi is a little weird. It did not show as a WLAN connection, rather it shows as a Bluetooth PAN. Probably Lion still regard it as some kind bluetooth chip.

I got the webcam work now, Quite tricky. It was caused by the IOUSBFamily Rollback. However if I removed the rollack kext, webcam worked but the wifi not working. After trial and error I installed IO80211Family9287, along with IO80211Family to make the wifi work again. I used to have IO80211Family only.

Another problem with keyboard.

What kind of keyboard do you choose?

On my SE1, I cannot type ' (the key on the left of "1"), I get "§" instead. Similarly "~" became "±". I saw a Mac keyboard with the "~/`"key between Shift and "Z".

Any suggestion?

pgh550,

I posted a fix on page 58. Use the HP mini keyboard layout.

wadalada

Hi all,
Thanks to the help of jaymonkey and cyberwalrus' work, my SE is now fully running 10.7.3. Just one minor qwerk that needs fixing: VGA ports.

I have browsed through the forum and found this thread:http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36335

Seems that I can edit the HEX file from AppleIntelgraphicsFB.kext and change one of the entries.. but following the guide I would lose my internal display..

So, knowledgeable folks, anyone knows what VDI stands for? It is possible for us to change the VDI entry to a VGA entry so that our VGA port finally works on lion?

I will attempt to change the VDI to a VGA version and report back... need to backup my files first as this is my work laptop. (yes, i use a hackintosh for work).

Or if anyone has tried to enable to VGA port could update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back