Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that I have <00 04 00 00> in my IOReg as well, but I verified that the clover patch is being applied and HDMI audio is working...

May be quirks of 0xa2e0008. I would use 0x0a260006 instead.

May be quirks of 0xa2e0008. I would use 0x0a260006 instead.
I'm not getting that lag without that unused port disabled anymore for some reason... (maybe after 10.12.5 update?) I'll probably just remove them and keep that port present...

I'm not getting that lag without that unused port disabled anymore for some reason... (maybe after 10.12.5 update?) I'll probably just remove them and keep that port present...

The lag is still present on my u430 if I don't remove the unused ports... so that particular bug is not fixed on 10.12.5...

The lag is still present on my u430 if I don't remove the unused ports... so that particular bug is not fixed on 10.12.5...
Yeah I noticed that user is still on 10.12.4 but he says he doesn't have the lag too, so it's not really 10.12.5... but it's interesting that I'm not able to reproduce that lag on three different Z50-70 machines...
This needs more testing to decide what's the best thing to do, but I'm very busy at the moment preparing for my exams which are starting tomorrow...

My advice to @inpr1se is to remove that port disabling patches and see how it goes for a few days then report back.

Last edited:
My advice to @inpr1se is to remove that port disabling patches and see how it goes for a few days then report back.
I used config.plist without patch few days (right after commit) and did not experience any problems. So I created a bug report.

I used config.plist without patch few days (right after commit) and did not experience any problems. So I created a bug report.
I'm not experiencing any problems without those patches as well, so I'll probably remove them when I have time to make further testing/investigations...

It could be that the ig-platform-id we're using doesn't have that lag after sleep/wake because I remember using another id when i encountered that lag so i decided to put these patches and remove the unused ports like suggested by @RehabMan.

It could also be that the port in your case is not actually "unused" port since its tied to the VGA and you say it's working for you? Still not enough data to support that conclusion, and I do not have a VGA adapter/screen to test my machine for now.

When I have time, I'll test different ig-platform-id and see if I can reproduce that lag and decide what to do (switch to different id or simply remove the patches...). But like I said, I am very busy preparing for my exams...

It could also be that the port in your case is not actually "unused" port since its tied to the VGA and you say it's working for you?
Yeah, VGA works on 10.12.2 – 10.12.5 (maybe 10.12 – 10.12.1, i did not tested).

All the best for your exams. Are we good to update to 10.12.5 or should we wait till the git repo is updated?
Thanks.

You should be OK updating to 10.12.5.

If the HDMI doesn't work for you, you can try fixing it by removing the patches that disable the unused framebuffer port.

I'll try to implement a fix today.

EDIT:
I disabled the framebuffer port patches, they do not seem to be needed with the current ig-platform-id in use. Also the @2 port is tied to the VGA port which apparently works by default...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back