Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

I went to /Library/Extensions and in the info.plist of the AppleHDA_CX20751 I changed the layout ID to 2 instead of 3.

Not adequate (you would need to change it in other places...)
Your file is clearly not up-to-date.

Should I completely remove the cloned Github library and redownload it

If you are not certain you're using the latest and are new with git, yes.

Not adequate (you would need to change it in other places...)
Your file is clearly not up-to-date.

If you are not certain you're using the latest and are new with git, yes.

Just a quick follow-up,

I deleted the repo clone, and redownloaded it. Redid all the post-install commands but it still didn't work. I was almost willing to give up and do a fresh install, but I wanted to check if I had maybe forgotten something.

Turns out that I missed FakeSMC in Clovers' kext folder.. After installing it everything is working as intended.

Thanks Rehabman for the support you are giving in this forum, and thanks The-Braveknight for making the scripts, guide and repo. You guys are awesome!

Just a quick follow-up,

I deleted the repo clone, and redownloaded it. Redid all the post-install commands but it still didn't work. I was almost willing to give up and do a fresh install, but I wanted to check if I had maybe forgotten something.

Turns out that I missed FakeSMC in Clovers' kext folder.. After installing it everything is working as intended.

Thanks Rehabman for the support you are giving in this forum, and thanks The-Braveknight for making the scripts, guide and repo. You guys are awesome!

FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other not relevant for booting system volume. FakeSMC.kext in that case is installed to /L/E.

It is just that you had the correct kexts installed (finally), and your system did the required cache rebuild.

Note: Pushed an update to use AppleALC.kext (layout28).

Note: Pushed an update to use AppleALC.kext (layout28).

That should help a lot with the kernel cache issue (people just don't pay attention...).

But it will bring other AppleALC related issues... fun.

That should help a lot with the kernel cache issue (people just don't pay attention...).
Yeah, I noticed.

But it will bring other AppleALC related issues... fun.
Lol. There are always issues...

Can anyone tell me if the Edimax EW 7811UN (which was working fabulously with High Sierra) still works with Mojave, and if so, is there an updated driver available, or we go with the one available on the Edimax site (for mac os 10.12)? Thanks in advance...

EDIT: I tried with the existing driver and it works.

Last edited:
Where do I get the ELAN trackpad kext from? My laptop has that one and it is playing havoc with things if I touch it by mistake...

Google might help you find it.

Problem Report:
The only real problem I have, is my ethernet port is stuck in 100 megabit mode (Lenovo Z50-70). This also happens when I use my USB ethernet adapter. I have tried different cables and routers. Sometimes, if I reboot enough, it will be set to gigabit mode, but it doesn't last.

Note: This laptop has gone through, at least 3 OS updates. I believe i've been using this guide since the beginning.

Thanks.

Back