Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of kexts wrongly installed to /S/L/E is easy to obtain:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i / | grep System

And your scrolling issue is likely due to SmoothMouse.kext or a flaw in your PS2 kext. You should bring your issue to the kext developer.

Note also you have conflicting kexts installed. ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext are mutually exclusive.
upload_2018-4-14_18-13-56.png

All of these are wrongly installed? How can I fix them? I was using Kext Utility to install some of them, others were downloaded through the git.

Which of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext is better to use and which should I remove? Thanks.

I scanned the original post to make sure.

I truly do apologize if I missed something.
How safe is it to update High Sierra through the app store?
Updating the os would probably change some settings I'm assuming, what do we do then or is it going to be ok to just update?

Currently on 10.13.3 with a 10.13.4 update showing up.

View attachment 325513
All of these are wrongly installed? How can I fix them? I was using Kext Utility to install some of them, others were downloaded through the git.

Which of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext is better to use and which should I remove? Thanks.

Delete all of them.
Run scripts as per post #1 (the guide scripts install kexts correctly).

As for the PS2 kexts, you could try both of them and decide. Keep in mind VoodooPS2Controller.kext will treat ELAN trackpads as a mouse (limited features as a result).

I scanned the original post to make sure.

I truly do apologize if I missed something.
How safe is it to update High Sierra through the app store?
Updating the os would probably change some settings I'm assuming, what do we do then or is it going to be ok to just update?

Currently on 10.13.3 with a 10.13.4 update showing up.

Plan on updating everything prior to the update (Clover, kexts, config.plist, ACPI, etc).

Delete all of them.
Run scripts as per post #1 (the guide scripts install kexts correctly).

As for the PS2 kexts, you could try both of them and decide. Keep in mind VoodooPS2Controller.kext will treat ELAN trackpads as a mouse (limited features as a result).
Do I need to delete each one file manually, or is it safe to just open /System/Library/Extensions and /Library/Extensions and delete all of the kexts there and then run the scripts again? There are really lots of kexts with the invalid signature error.

So I deleted them manually one by one. At the end, when I ran command to check badly installed kexts, there wasn't single one. So I started with the scripts again from the start. After finishing it again, I ran command for checking badly installed kexts once again and found out they were installed with invalid signature too:
upload_2018-4-14_20-53-3.png

Here is the screenshot from the installation, where you can see the errors showing up during the installation of the kexts too:
Snímka obrazovky 2018-04-14 o 20.49.24.png

So what am I doing wrong?

So I deleted them manually one by one. At the end, when I ran command to check badly installed kexts, there wasn't single one. So I started with the scripts again from the start. After finishing it again, I ran command for checking badly installed kexts once again and found out they were installed with invalid signature too:
View attachment 325534

Here is the screenshot from the installation, where you can see the errors showing up during the installation of the kexts too:
View attachment 325535
So what am I doing wrong?

Minor error with the check...
Use:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i / 2>&1 | grep System

IOReg indicates you have AR9565 Wi-Fi card. It is expected to work with Lilu.kext+ATH9KFixup.kext+ATH9KInjector.kext unless you have outdated versions of these kexts. Make sure your kexts are all up-to-date. Since I no longer have that Wi-Fi card, I cannot test.

Other than that, everything looks OK to me. Perhaps RehabMan could take a look for you.

I searched here and saw many people solving the problem of wifi with the installation of IO80211Family.kext, apparently modified or corrected for Atheros 9565 in the High Sierra.

I made Backup and reinstalled this kext according to what they made available and now the wifi is working in the High Sierra. (Atheros 9565)

What I did is correct?

I searched here and saw many people solving the problem of wifi with the installation of IO80211Family.kext, apparently modified or corrected for Atheros 9565 in the High Sierra.

I made Backup and reinstalled this kext according to what they made available and now the wifi is working in the High Sierra. (Atheros 9565)

What I did is correct?

No need to install patched IO80211Family.kext. Restore to vanilla.
Read the-braveknight response. Carefully.

Hi guys. I reinstalled Hih Sierra and followed the post installation guide. I have also checked the latest versions of Lilu.kext + ATH9KFixup.kext + ATH9KInjector.kext, they are in the current versions. My wifi still does not work (Atheros 9565).

What can be, please?

Attachments

• debug_4014.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back