Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Lenovo Z50-70? May I ask you a question? When I am using trackpad on my laptop, scrolling is very laggy and was, it's really choppy and almost tottaly unusable. Scrolling with mouse on other hand
If your trackpad is Elan, then you’re stuck with the outdated, unstable, and closed-source Elan kext. However if your trackpad is Synaptics and you’re using RehabMan’s VoodooPS2Controller.kext, then you should report any problems to him.

Do you still have this broadcom card? I just ordered it and as you said it should be native supported with all the kexts installed from the repository. Thanks.

Yes. I’m still using the BCM943602BAED. However, it is better if you install a third antenna because this particular card works with three antennas and the Z50-70 only has two, but I’ve been able to get pretty good performance using only two.

If your trackpad is Elan, then you’re stuck with the outdated, unstable, and closed-source Elan kext. However if your trackpad is Synaptics and you’re using RehabMan’s VoodooPS2Controller.kext, then you should report any problems to him.

Yes. I’m still using the BCM943602BAED. However, it is better if you install a third antenna because this particular card works with three antennas and the Z50-70 only has two, but I’ve been able to get pretty good performance using only two.
I have WiFi signal all over my house, so the connectivity should be good, we will see the performance later, but anything will be better than Edimax usb dongle for WiFi. And I have to say, this 5$ dongle is not that bad! Speed is satysfing.

What's about trackpad, how can I identify if it's Elan or Synaptics? I am able to go into Windows 10 on my other SSD if needed to check there, I just need to know how and where. Thank you!

Also just one more question just to know...did you use Macbook 6,1 or 6,2 definition? Or any other?

I have WiFi signal all over my house, so the connectivity should be good, we will see the performance later, but anything will be better than Edimax usb dongle for WiFi. And I have to say, this 5$ dongle is not that bad! Speed is satysfing.

What's about trackpad, how can I identify if it's Elan or Synaptics? I am able to go into Windows 10 on my other SSD if needed to check there, I just need to know how and where. Thank you!

Also just one more question just to know...did you use Macbook 6,1 or 6,2 definition? Or any other?
This guide uses MacBookAir6,2.

You can check your trackpad model in IOReg.

This guide uses MacBookAir6,2.

You can check your trackpad model in IOReg.
Right, so I choosed good definition.

Does this mean I am using synaptics one and I need to contact RehabMan directly, right?

upload_2018-4-14_14-56-16.png

Right, so I choosed good definition.

Does this mean I am using synaptics one and I need to contact RehabMan directly, right?

View attachment 325458
No. You’re using the Elan kext... you need to contact the original author. Use Google to find him.

No. You’re using the Elan kext... you need to contact the original author. Use Google to find him.
Cannot I just simply remove Elan kext and use the one from Rehabs instead? Or it depends on my inbuilt trackpad, therfore I need to use Elan only?

Cannot I just simply remove Elan kext and use the one from Rehabs instead? Or it depends on my inbuilt trackpad, therfore I need to use Elan only?
Unfortunately, RehabMan’s kext does not support Elan trackpads.

Since it has no specific support for ELAN, you will get mouse emulation only with my VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Also, you would need to change some code in ACPI related to the brightness keys.

Since it has no specific support for ELAN, you will get mouse emulation only with my VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Also, you would need to change some code in ACPI related to the brightness keys.
I rerun the commands in the 1# and installed all patches and kexts fully again. Now every single thing is working (still waiting for my broadcom card though).

I also made some changes, as I replaced and cloned my HDD to SSD + converted to APFS (added apfs.efi to clover). Everything is working even after these more complex changes.
The only issue I still need help with is already mentioned scrolling. It's more like cosmetic issue, as I will be using USB mouse 90%, but it would be really nice to have this sorted out too. Here you can take a look how scrolling with trackpad vs usb mouse scrolling looks like:

So the question is: What would you do in my situation? How would you try to solve it? Thank you. I am attachng again current debug of my hackintosh.

(There are still kexts [332 kexts to be exact] in my S/L/E, so tell me if I should just move them to L/E or completly remove, because I don't know why and from there are so many kexts)

Attachments

• debug_7093.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
I rerun the commands in the 1# and installed all patches and kexts fully again. Now every single thing is working (still waiting for my broadcom card though).

I also made some changes, as I replaced and cloned my HDD to SSD + converted to APFS (added apfs.efi to clover). Everything is working even after these more complex changes.
The only issue I still need help with is already mentioned scrolling. It's more like cosmetic issue, as I will be using USB mouse 90%, but it would be really nice to have this sorted out too. Here you can take a look how scrolling with trackpad vs usb mouse scrolling looks like:

So the question is: What would you do in my situation? How would you try to solve it? Thank you. I am attachng again current debug of my hackintosh.

(There are still kexts [332 kexts to be exact] in my S/L/E, so tell me if I should just move them to L/E or completly remove, because I don't know why and from there are so many kexts)

List of kexts wrongly installed to /S/L/E is easy to obtain:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i / | grep System

And your scrolling issue is likely due to SmoothMouse.kext or a flaw in your PS2 kext. You should bring your issue to the kext developer.

Note also you have conflicting kexts installed. ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext are mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back