Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the problem with the deactivated legacy boot in BIOS before, written on page 2 of this thread, now it's enabled.

I understand, that clover and its GUI is bevor starting MacOS and the kexts.
At the moment I want to aktivate my audio-chipset and for this I want to rebuild the kext-cache as mentioned in your guide.
Can I rebuild the cache when started from the USB-stick?

Edit: Seems rebuilding the cache also worked without using the NoCache-Option, Audio works!

Thank you for your help and please excuse my poor English, am no native speaker. ;)

Your issue with not seeing the Clover GUI is because of CsmVideoDxe-64.efi. Remove it.

You are right (like always :D )

What's the best way to hide the clover menu when all works fine?
- setting timeout to 0
- using the fastboot-Option
- reinstalling CsmVideoDxe-64.efi :lol:

Because i build the notebook for my girlfriend and she's "just a user", it will be better to hide it.

You are right (like always :D )

What's the best way to hide the clover menu when all works fine?
- setting timeout to 0
- using the fastboot-Option
- reinstalling CsmVideoDxe-64.efi :lol:

Because i build the notebook for my girlfriend and she's "just a user", it will be better to hide it.

"FastBoot" option is the only valid way to hide the Clover GUI.
You will want to have a USB handy for the case you need the Clover GUI (as is the case with troubleshooting, recovering lost audio, system upgrades, etc).

Disabling the FastBoot option in config. plist should be enough, right?

Disabling the FastBoot option in config. plist should be enough, right?

In post #32 you implied you wanted the "fastboot" Clover feature.

Yeah, under normal conditions when my girlfriend uses the notebook.
If I do need access to the Clover menu, I can deactivate the option in the config. plist and don't have to boot via USB stick, right?

Yeah, under normal conditions when my girlfriend uses the notebook.
If I do need access to the Clover menu, I can deactivate the option in the config. plist and don't have to boot via USB stick, right?

How do you plan to edit your config.plist for the case of not being able to boot?
That case is why you need to have a USB handy.

I'm facing some problem while installing High sierra in my Z50-70 i5 laptop. Here with this I'm attaching error picture and Clover zip file. Please help me to solve this.

Attachments

• 7801323140043281055.jpg
    7801323140043281055.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 197
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
This is a litte OffTopic but maybe someone has a tipp for me:

My Lenovo hackintosh worked great, except for the WiFi.
The day before yesterday I got a Broadcom adapter from China.
I hacked the BIOS with some external help to remove the whitelist.
Worked fine with the Windows hard disk, only the MacOS didn't work, probably because the wrong graphics card was active.
Unfortunately I managed to change the BIOS a little bit in the now much more extensive BIOS, so that the screen doesn't show me anything anymore. Not even the Lenovo logo is displayed when you start your PC.

Does anyone have an idea how to reset the BIOS back to default values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back