Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone successfully upgraded rather than a fresh install? I've tried but im just getting the broken duplicated apple screen when the install starts. I've upgraded clover etc as the generic upgrade guide suggests
Just put the important kext to Clover Others

I am gonna try this on G50-70, obviously I will get patches from G50 repo. I will report back
I have the same configuration. Have you any news with this trying?

I have the same configuration. Have you any news with this trying?

There is a separate guide for the G50.
Search for it in the guides forum(s).

There is a separate guide for the G50.
Search for it in the guides forum(s).
I followed this guide to install Sierra. Now i search for G50 guide to install High Sierra.

Hello,

after some reading and testing I'm now ready to start my laptop with Clover and I can also start the setup.
However, after starting the setup the dialog with the selection of the setup options is displayed unreadable. It looks as if the screen would be controlled with too high a resolution or frequency.
How can I influence that?

Unfortunately, I can't start the system under MacOS yet, so I can only offer the EFI directory of the USB stick as problem reporting.

Thanks for your help

Wolfgang

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 169
Hello,

after some reading and testing I'm now ready to start my laptop with Clover and I can also start the setup.
However, after starting the setup the dialog with the selection of the setup options is displayed unreadable. It looks as if the screen would be controlled with too high a resolution or frequency.
How can I influence that?

Unfortunately, I can't start the system under MacOS yet, so I can only offer the EFI directory of the USB stick as problem reporting.

Thanks for your help

Wolfgang

From your description, no photo,... a guess...
Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

Last edited:
Hackintosh works fine now, except audio.
As in the guide mentioned i should start without cache and rebuild the cache.
But how can I get to the clover startmenu?
Now it starts direct to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back