Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second, the first boot hangs at the BCM2045a0. It times out about 3 times before the boot continues. I swapped the previous Wifi card that was in this model with a Dell DW1830 and defeated the whitelist. Do you maybe see what the problem could be?
I also have a problem with this card in that the Wifi takes a long time to turn back on after sleep. I followed your guide and disabled 'wake for network access' but this did not seem to help.

Problems with certain DW1830 are discussed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/slow-dropped-wifi-after-sleep-with-bcm943602baed-dw1830.236009

You simply can try turning off Wi-Fi before sleep.

@RehabMan, is it possible to do that automatically via ACPI just like the Nvidia _PTS, _WAK patches?

Make sure "fast boot" is disabled.

Thanks for the suggestion! I re-checked, but this is also disabled. Could there not be any other causes for this problem?

Problems with certain DW1830 are discussed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/slow-dropped-wifi-after-sleep-with-bcm943602baed-dw1830.236009

You simply can try turning off Wi-Fi before sleep.

@RehabMan, is it possible to do that automatically via ACPI just like the Nvidia _PTS, _WAK patches?

Thank you for pointing me in this direction, I did not see this post before. It seems like I am not the only one with this problem and I will dig deeper in that thread, thanks!

Hello Guys. I tried unsuccessfully to install the 10.13.3 supplemental update. I downloaded from the apple store, I rebooted the computer and after the clover screen it began to load but I got a message that it failed. Any suggestions? Thanks

UPDATE: I tried one more time and the update went through without any issues. Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Better late than never. Followed the guide to update from El Capitan to High Sierra, it worked like charm.
Here's what I did:
  • backup (always backup)
  • update clover !!!
  • ./X50.sh --download-requirements
  • ./X50.sh --install-downloads
  • /X50.sh --install-config
  • make, make install_g50
  • configure EFI with proper kext
  • /Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO
I had some reboots, always choose Install Hish Sierra until it appears in clover.
Enjoy

hi @the-braveknight and @RehabMan , i recently reinstalled el capitan to my z50-70, used the same guide, i changed from ssd to regular hdd. rehabman's guide in making the usb installer and braveknight's guide for post installation, also used braveknight's repo for hotpatching, i believe there were some updates since i last installed el capitan.

what i noticed is, according to rehabman's guide, createinstallmedia method is recommended because it creates a recovery partition. and i can recall, after booting from the usb installer, where it took a long time to finish, just saying 1 minute left, this, acccording to the guide is PHASE 1. then system would reboot, and i'm supposed to boot from the usb installer again, and PHASE 2 would start, i remember a progress bar with an apple logo, and some text, after installation, i would see the recovery partition in clover, this was with my ssd, a year ago. but THIS time, still used createinstallmedia, i booted off the usb installer, installed el capitan, and after rebooting, i boot from the usb installer again, i dont get the progess bar with the text anymore, i go straight back to the installation page, so no PHASE 2. but when i go to clover, recovery partition is still there. why is that?

hi @the-braveknight and @RehabMan , i recently reinstalled el capitan to my z50-70, used the same guide, i changed from ssd to regular hdd. rehabman's guide in making the usb installer and braveknight's guide for post installation, also used braveknight's repo for hotpatching, i believe there were some updates since i last installed el capitan.

what i noticed is, according to rehabman's guide, createinstallmedia method is recommended because it creates a recovery partition. and i can recall, after booting from the usb installer, where it took a long time to finish, just saying 1 minute left, this, acccording to the guide is PHASE 1. then system would reboot, and i'm supposed to boot from the usb installer again, and PHASE 2 would start, i remember a progress bar with an apple logo, and some text, after installation, i would see the recovery partition in clover, this was with my ssd, a year ago. but THIS time, still used createinstallmedia, i booted off the usb installer, installed el capitan, and after rebooting, i boot from the usb installer again, i dont get the progess bar with the text anymore, i go straight back to the installation page, so no PHASE 2. but when i go to clover, recovery partition is still there. why is that?

Difference of recovery partition already there or something (only Apple knows).
But does it really matter... as long as you pay attention to what you're doing, the install is success.

Difference of recovery partition already there or something (only Apple knows).
But does it really matter... as long as you pay attention to what you're doing, the install is success.

but i used the same install_el-capitan.app, same one i used last year. only difference now is, newer clover, so i thought maybe it has something to do with that. anyway, you're right, it works, was just wondering why

Hi, I'm new in the world of mackintosh and this guide is very nice. I followed all steps but i can't install all kexts on iOS 10.11. When I execute ./X50 --install-downloads, I get this output:

Code:
./X50.sh --install-downloads
Installing hda-verb to /usr/bin
Installing VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin
Installing iasl to /usr/bin
Installing patchmatic to /usr/bin
Installing HWMonitor.app to /Applications
Installing MaciASL.app to /Applications
Installing ATH9KFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing ATH9KInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing AppleHDA_CX20751.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing FakeSMC.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ATH9KFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_CX20751.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

How can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back