Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 920 i7-8550U 4K Big Sur 11.1 OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI posted by @Majkel19 seems fine, although I know that you have the Broadcom card so I would recommend using this one and then adding the SMBIOS using genSMBIOS before you use it.

From what I can see he has the keys put in exactly how I did so I don't think this will fix the brightness control. Can you post your EFI exactly as you're using it.
This solved my brightness keys, thank you! This may be an issue for a separate thread, but if you have the thunderbolt ports or the 60Hz working, I'd love to see how it's done. Those are the only two things holding me back from using this thing as a regular laptop.

Also, I do have my touchscreen working with the Lenovo Active pen 1. Interesting to use such an unconventional product with macOS.

Thank you so much. Your's EFI work flawless on 11.2
i have managed dw1820a iservice work too.
Only it bothers me "recommended repair" warning in battery info. I would not install windows :) i have only macos installed. When i received this yoga, Lenovo vintage showed "246 battery charging cycle" and for battery status "normal" i have updated BIOS and installed macOS
I think battery still is ok.
Any idea for fixing this warning?

Informations sur le modèle :
Fabricant : Celxpert
Nom de l’appareil : BASE-BAT
Pack Lot Code : 0
PCB Lot Code : 0
Version du programme interne : 0
Révision du matériel : 0
Révision de pile : 0
Informations sur la charge :
Charge complète : Non
En cours de chargement : Non
Capacité de charge complète (mAh) : 8069
(after installation it was 7800mAh, after 2-3 times charged was 8200)
Niveau de charge (%) : 96
Informations sur la santé :
Comptage de cycles : 115
Conditions : Réparation recommandée

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-02-09 à 13.42.31.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-09 à 13.42.31.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 116
This solved my brightness keys, thank you! This may be an issue for a separate thread, but if you have the thunderbolt ports or the 60Hz working, I'd love to see how it's done. Those are the only two things holding me back from using this thing as a regular laptop.

Also, I do have my touchscreen working with the Lenovo Active pen 1. Interesting to use such an unconventional product with macOS.
Hi,
Battery patch is ok for you?
It has 49% and 8010mAh in settings 159 cycles
I must restart
(I have tried screen rotation, and screen rotated but then was black screen)
After restarting appears warning screen popup shut down, restart ect.
then shut down itself.
Plugged charging and restarted and battery was 1% and battery capacity was 4200mAh 539 cycle
Now full charged and it’s 7701mAh 155 cycle

Has anyone had any success with USB-C devices? My thunderbolt accessories seem to work fine, but a simple USB-C to USB-A adapter isn't recognized.

Thanks for the great work! Does anybody have an updated EFI that works with 11.5.2. That would be very much appreciated.

Update: It's the Yoga 920 (latest BIOS) with FullHD, 8GB, and 512 GB SSD (upgraded) and DW1560. It works fine with Clover and Catalina 10.15.7; however, the Big Sur Installer USB (11.5.x) with the OC provided by @cephasara, @Majkel19 and @bakgds
(also tried to update to 0.7.2) will boot, but fails to load the installer, it stops short of it with an empty screen, backlight on and seemingly responsive.

Update 2: I've spent some more time and got macOS 11.5.2 working; I've attached the EFI folder (OC 0.7.2) for those interested (remember to add your individual serial number). The version for 4k screens is untested.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 117
  • EFI_4k.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back