Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm getting mad trying to set the DMVT prealocated to 96mb on my HP.

2 questions:
  • Can I follow this guide (the part to chage the DMVT) on my HP?
  • And what If the "/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c" file does not appear?
Thanks in advanced.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm getting mad trying to set the DMVT prealocated to 96mb on my HP.

2 questions:
  • Can I follow this guide (the part to chage the DMVT) on my HP?
  • And what If the "/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c" file does not appear?
Thanks in advanced.

Off-topic. This guide is for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, not some random HP laptop.

edit: can anyone post a config.plist and EFI folder´s for a clover install stick (clover version 4097)
i´ve installed the bios mod for 96MB and whitlist bios...

Last edited:
I got to
sudo ghex /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage-8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c but cannot save it because I don't have write permission.
I opened nautilus as root and tried to change the permissions but it said "operation not permitted"
I tried sudo chmod 777 /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage-8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c but it returned "operation not permitted" once again. Any ideas?

see if post #252 works for you.

I used a command in terminal similar to:
sudo chown -R username:group directory

group would be adm or users, and directory is the folder that contains the files you wish to change

Off-topic. This guide is for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, not some random HP laptop.

Is it possible to still get an answer for this. I'm having this exact same problem for my yoga2pro following the guide in this thread and the directory simply does not exist in Ubuntu.

Is it possible to still get an answer for this. I'm having this exact same problem for my yoga2pro following the guide in this thread and the directory simply does not exist in Ubuntu.

Open a separate thread in the appropriate laptop support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back