Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open a separate thread in the appropriate laptop support forum.

I have this laptop. I believe I am in the correct place. I have a Lenovo yoga 2 pro, this thread is "[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI" is there somewhere else I'm supposed to be ?

I have this laptop. I believe I am in the correct place. I have a Lenovo yoga 2 pro, this thread is "[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI" is there somewhere else I'm supposed to be ?

Since you have a Yoga 2 Pro, you cannot have the "same problem" as did the person with an HP laptop.
You should describe your problem clearly and back it up with "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Since you have a Yoga 2 Pro, you cannot have the "same problem" as did the person with an HP laptop.
You should describe your problem clearly and back it up with "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

on the first post of this quide

2 – Once in go to Files, select Computer , and verify the following exists: /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c. This is what we will modify to show the Advanced menu tab in out bios

this path does not exist. This is the problem I am having. It seemed the HP guy had the same problem but was turned away because he had an HP. Maybe his problem is different. But this is my problem, forget the hp guy its not relevant. I don't have any problem report files as this is literally the first step and I cant continue because the path doesn't exist.

on the first post of this quide

2 – Once in go to Files, select Computer , and verify the following exists: /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c. This is what we will modify to show the Advanced menu tab in out bios

this path does not exist. This is the problem I am having. It seemed the HP guy had the same problem but was turned away because he had an HP. Maybe his problem is different. But this is my problem, forget the hp guy its not relevant. I don't have any problem report files as this is literally the first step and I cant continue because the path doesn't exist.

Just guessing...
Check that you have the recommended BIOS version.
Also, make sure you're using the same version of Linux that others used.

Keep in mind it is possible that Lenovo closed the backdoor to this feature in a newer BIOS.

Also, your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

if the directory doesn't exist, I would guess that you didn't boot into UEFI mode

Is it possible to still get an answer for this. I'm having this exact same problem for my yoga2pro following the guide in this thread and the directory simply does not exist in Ubuntu.

Just guessing...
Check that you have the recommended BIOS version.
Also, make sure you're using the same version of Linux that others used.

Keep in mind it is possible that Lenovo closed the backdoor to this feature in a newer BIOS.

Also, your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

nowhere in the overview or preinstall of this guide does it mention anything about a specific bios version, so I don't know what version is required because its not listed or even mentioned.

I thought I filed out my profile before my first post while I was registering. Ill double check it.

if the directory doesn't exist, I would guess that you didn't boot into UEFI mode

Good point... you can't expect to see efivars without booting Linux in UEFI mode.
But post #1 is very clear regarding the UEFI requirement.

I thought I filed out my profile before my first post while I was registering. Ill double check it.

You have 2 of the 7 details requested in the FAQ.

Good point... you can't expect to see efivars without booting Linux in UEFI mode.
But post #1 is very clear regarding the UEFI requirement.

I am booting in UFEI and I'm using Ubuntu 14 that's specified in the guide. Other than the bios version that I still don't see listed anywhere I'm following the guide to a T.

I am booting in UFEI and I'm using Ubuntu 14 that's specified in the guide. Other than the bios version that I still don't see listed anywhere I'm following the guide to a T.

What specific directory does not exist?
The entire efivars? Or just the specific leaf node?

/sys/firmware/efi
/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/
/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c

??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back