Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need the "9mb cursor bytes" patch to fix the glitch on the menu bar.
But you will notice that video playback is broken after sleep with the "isolation" patch.
It is best to install 10.11.6 instead.

You are correct sir (not that I ever doubted you).

Note that I had the "96MB DVMT-prealloc" Disabled not sure why (that was working for me on El Capitan) and because of that enabling the "9mb cursor bytes" patch did not fix the glitch on menu bar until I enabled the DVMT-prealloc patch as well.

I disabled the "isolate" patch for now and will try to avoid watching videos in safari (I don't do much video anyway).

I can live with this as a developer and I got everything else working (except for Chrome Canary edition keeps dying on me for some reason but maybe related to bunch of services I terminated)... As far as daily driver for anyone but developer I agree they should stick with El Capitan for now.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext not recommended.
Use BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext instead.

They do work but for some reason I always have to manually kextload Brcm2PatchRAM2.kext for it to enable Bluetooth :(
Do you know why?

Thanks again!!!

but for some reason I always have to manually kextload Brcm2PatchRAM2.kext for it to enable Bluetooth :(

You probably did not install it correctly.

The ioreg shows QE/CI working. If you have flickering, it is probably due to wrong DVMT-prealloc configuration, or lack of framebuffer patches to match the setting.

I updated the DMVT-prealloc to 128MB, re-patched the DSDT and SSDT. Enabled the matching patch in config.plist for 128MB DVMT and disabled the 96MB one. IOKit was already patched with terminal commands so I did not do that again. I have display on laptop screen so I assume that is working properly.
Is there any other patch I need to add/update. I still see the display flickering a little bit. On low brightness setting, as I type, I see the screen brightness drops little bit for some millisecond.
Now I have discoloration on the apple icon and in the menu bar.
Edit - discoloration went away after a restart.

DSDT:
• Manual fixes:- Name already exists in scope errors (2)– move above first external declarations (~ line 54)
- result is not used error (1) – comment out (// at beginning of line)

When I opened the DSL file with MaciASL, I do not get any error on the first time compile or after applying rest of the patches. Similar is the case with SSDT-0 and SSDT-7.

Last edited:
I updated the DMVT-prealloc to 128MB, re-patched the DSDT and SSDT. Enabled the matching patch in config.plist for 128MB DVMT and disabled the 96MB one. IOKit was already patched with terminal commands so I did not do that again. I have display on laptop screen so I assume that is working properly.
Is there any other patch I need to add/update. I still see the display flickering a little bit. On low brightness setting, as I type, I see the screen brightness drops little bit for some millisecond.
Now I have discoloration on the apple icon and in the menu bar.
Edit - discoloration went away after a restart.

Analysis requires complete data...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attachments

• johnyg07_LYP2-ioregs.zip
    508.5 KB · Views: 72
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • terminal_output.zip
    825 bytes · Views: 81
Here are the attachments :

Comments:
- CPU power management not implemented.
- you might try the 128mb DVMT-prealloc patch with 48mb framebuffer/cursor bytes (uses 0x0a260006)

Comments:
- CPU power management not implemented.
- you might try the 128mb DVMT-prealloc patch with 48mb framebuffer/cursor bytes (uses 0x0a260006)

i added the cpu power management.
also set the 128 mb DVMT-prealloc patch, I have the discoloration in the apple icon and menu bar. it did not resolve the screen flickering.
i have concluded that the screen flickering and resulting eye strain is because of low refresh rate and pwm. i like the low screen brightness and am used to that. is there a way to change the pwm refresh rate?
i see there are two threads related to that: intel backlight kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Backlight
another links to piker alpha's repository: https://ledstrain.org/d/29-pwm-is-adjustable-on-mac-os-x

any of these are of any use? i am at my wits end about this. please suggest..

i added the cpu power management.
also set the 128 mb DVMT-prealloc patch, I have the discoloration in the apple icon and menu bar. it did not resolve the screen flickering.
i have concluded that the screen flickering and resulting eye strain is because of low refresh rate and pwm. i like the low screen brightness and am used to that. is there a way to change the pwm refresh rate?
i see there are two threads related to that: intel backlight kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Backlight
another links to piker alpha's repository: https://ledstrain.org/d/29-pwm-is-adjustable-on-mac-os-x

any of these are of any use? i am at my wits end about this. please suggest..

See IntelBacklight.kext README regarding custom configuration via RMCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back