Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've successfully installed Sierra 12.12.2 on the YP2. Fully accelerated graphics with QE/CI, audio, bluetooth, brightness control, power management, multi-finger trackpad gestures, and touchscreen are all working. Has anybody had success with using a Broadcom ngff card on a whitelisted BIOS?

The patches are on the config.plist, and this patch needs to be disabled:
Code:
<dict>
      <key>Comment</key>
      <string>AppleHDA .xml.zlib to .zml.zlib</string>
      <key>Find</key>
      <data>LnhtbC56bA==</data>
      <key>MatchOS</key>
      <string>10.10.x,10.11.x,10.12.x</string>
      <key>Name</key>
      <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string>
      <key>Replace</key>
      <data>LnptbC56bA==</data>
</dict>

Also, power management is broken in this guide. You need to run ssdtPRGen, and add the resulting SSDT.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Could you please upload your config.plist? Many thanks in advance :)

It is because your adding/removing VoodooHDA forced a proper cache rebuild.
Cache rebuild procedures when using an AppleHDA injector are covered in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Of course, in detail:
1. AppleHDA did not work
2. Used "-f"-parameter to boot Clover without using Cache
3. Generated Cache
4. Still did not work
5. Added Voodoo
6. Repeated 2 & 3
7. Audio worked
8. Removed Voodoo
9. Repeated 2 & 3
10. Audio still works

--

My recent Clover-installation do not offer a "boot without cache"-option, so I googled the "-f"-parameter.
Probably this is awfull wrong :) - suggestions are therefor very welcome :)

Of course, in detail:
1. AppleHDA did not work
2. Used "-f"-parameter to boot Clover without using Cache

As per FAQ, must use "Boot without caches" directly from Clover. Must use a Clover revision that has it.

As per FAQ, must use "Boot without caches" directly from Clover. Must use a Clover revision that has it.

My bad. Stil, do you have a suggestion regarding the version of Clover to use?

My bad. Stil, do you have a suggestion regarding the version of Clover to use?

Not really. I'm not sure when it was removed (it needs to be added back in).
You can try various versions from sourceforge...

I've successfully installed Sierra 12.12.2 on the YP2. Fully accelerated graphics with QE/CI, audio, bluetooth, brightness control, power management, multi-finger trackpad gestures, and touchscreen are all working. Has anybody had success with using a Broadcom ngff card on a whitelisted BIOS?

The patches are on the config.plist, and this patch needs to be disabled:
Code:
<dict>
      <key>Comment</key>
      <string>AppleHDA .xml.zlib to .zml.zlib</string>
      <key>Find</key>
      <data>LnhtbC56bA==</data>
      <key>MatchOS</key>
      <string>10.10.x,10.11.x,10.12.x</string>
      <key>Name</key>
      <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string>
      <key>Replace</key>
      <data>LnptbC56bA==</data>
</dict>

Also, power management is broken in this guide. You need to run ssdtPRGen, and add the resulting SSDT.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Can you do a guide and attach files you've used/modified?

About Sierra 10.12.2 on the Yoga 2 Pro,

I started upgrading my Y2P from El Cap to Sierra yesterday...

Here is an overview of what I got working so far:

Remember that I had a fully working El Capitan setup prior to beginning the fresh Sierra 10.12.2 install so I re-used the same working Clover setup with the same patched DSDT (according to this awesome guide in 1st post).

As usual I have to disable Intel Graphics Injection to boot the installer. My Broadcom bcm94352z NGFF card was NOT detected by Sierra so no WIFI out of the box like I had for El Capitan (I have modded my bios to remove stupid whitelist crap)...

Install was successful and I was able to boot again with Intel Graphics Injection disabled.

@Austintati0us: Here is how I fixed my Broadcom NGFF Wifi:

This thread has the solution to fix BCM94532Z NGFF Wifi:

www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fi-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

I'm not done fixing Bluetooth yet but I see 5 GHz networks and wifi has been solid so far.

Pixel Clock Patch working for Sierra 10.12.2: https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 use CoreDisplay Patcher after that I can boot with Intel Graphics Injection (I'm also using FakePCIID and patched DSDT...).

Brightness control works (mapped to vFn-Home and Fn-PageUp)

I have yet to fix audio and sleep but I see it's been done already and don't expect any issue.

I have a problem with inserting USB3 kernel panic 95% of the time (it used to happen with El Capitan but not so often). I read the -xcpm boot flag might fix this so I'm going to try this and report...

The Touchpad preference panel is broken in 10.12.2 but following advices in this thread I was able to fix it and get Tap to touch working: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

I do have 2 fingers scroll and tap to click + dual finger tap for right click but that's it. No multi-touch gestures works for me. I couldn't get that to work in El Capitan either too.

@Austintati0us: Could you please explain how you got multi-fingers gestures to work ?

Heads up: Sierra (10.12.2) freezing on me when playing videos in Safari.

i.e. this page would freeze (not KP just plain freeze!) http://download.cnet.com/MacClean/3000-18512_4-76294613.html

I found a fix that seem to work (so far):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-safari-freezing-and-reboot.202377/page-2 see post #20

Note: I still have the strange random fonts/colors issue in the top bar too and some minor graphics glitch like when I drag and drop sometime.

I'm not sure about power management yet, my sleep don't go full sleep yet so I have to look into that... I did run the ssdtPRGen.sh script (plain with no arg) and replaced my CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/SSDT.aml with the one the script generated like Austintati0us but I'm not sure yet what it changed if anything, I still see my battery like I used to before replacing SSDT.aml but I'm not sure what is it I have to check? Perhaps I'll find out when I try to fix sleep...

-xcpm Boot Arg seem to have fixed my USB3 insert freeze bug!

My Broadcom bcm94352z NGFF card was NOT detected by Sierra so no WIFI out of the box like I had for El Capitan (I have modded my bios to remove stupid whitelist crap)...

Requires 'fcvo' patch from the-darkvoid and up-to-date FakePCIID kexts.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

I have a problem with inserting USB3 kernel panic 95% of the time (it used to happen with El Capitan but not so often). I read the -xcpm boot flag might fix this so I'm going to try this and report...

XCPM is default with Haswell (and later) hardware.
The -xcpm flag has been removed from 10.12.x.

The Touchpad preference panel is broken in 10.12.2 but following advices in this thread I was able to fix it and get Tap to touch working: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

If you have Synaptics you can use my updated VoodoPS2Controller.kext. Covered in same post linked above.

Heads up: Sierra (10.12.2) freezing on me when playing videos in Safari.

Known problem, no good solution.
It is covered in the link provided above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back