Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after making that change in BIOS.

Fixed graphics by disabling "9MB cursor bytes for 0x0a26006" patch. Any ideas why audio and brightness control aren't working?

The only recommended way is Clover F4.
If you have an issue, describe it clearly and provide the files from ACPI/origin.

The problems root cause was not using a prebuilt IASL - I built it myself. Using one of your binaries resulted in a successfull disassembly :).

---

Right now it's nearly perfect (Im still not sure if my Broadcom is using 5Ghz), except:

Audio works kind of. I had to use VoodooHDA one time (loaded from Clover/Kext/Other) to make it work.
Still the Volume is to low on maximum Volume.

Font-Distortions in the menubar:
Sometimes its just fine (black and crisp), sometimes not (colored and diffused).

My guess is, that my uncleaned config.plist may be the reason - could you please give me a hint what to remove or what is probably missing?
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 214
  • colored and diffused.png
    colored and diffused.png
    27 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I've successfully installed Sierra 12.12.2 on the YP2. Fully accelerated graphics with QE/CI, audio, bluetooth, brightness control, power management, multi-finger trackpad gestures, and touchscreen are all working. Has anybody had success with using a Broadcom ngff card on a whitelisted BIOS?

add AppleHDA patches from RehabMan U430 repo (https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch) (listed in config_install.plist)

The patches are on the config.plist, and this patch needs to be disabled:
Code:
<dict>
      <key>Comment</key>
      <string>AppleHDA .xml.zlib to .zml.zlib</string>
      <key>Find</key>
      <data>LnhtbC56bA==</data>
      <key>MatchOS</key>
      <string>10.10.x,10.11.x,10.12.x</string>
      <key>Name</key>
      <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string>
      <key>Replace</key>
      <data>LnptbC56bA==</data>
</dict>

Also, power management is broken in this guide. You need to run ssdtPRGen, and add the resulting SSDT.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

The problems root cause was not using a prebuilt IASL - I built it myself. Using one of your binaries resulted in a successfull disassembly :).

---

Right now it's nearly perfect (Im still not sure if my Broadcom is using 5Ghz), except:

Audio works kind of. I had to use VoodooHDA one time (loaded from Clover/Kext/Other) to make it work.
Still the Volume is to low on maximum Volume.

Font-Distortions in the menubar:
Sometimes its just fine (black and crisp), sometimes not (colored and diffused).

My guess is, that my uncleaned config.plist may be the reason - could you please give me a hint what to remove or what is probably missing?
Many thanks in advance!

Post #1 uses AppleHDA, not VoodooHDA.

Post #1 uses AppleHDA, not VoodooHDA.

I know. Unfortunately it did not work. So I loaded once the VoodooHDA via Clover. Sound worked. Then removed VoodooHD.kext. Afterwards no problem, except the low volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back