Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - El capitan (10.11) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea with Broadcom bluetooth (may be integrated in the motherboard?). I replaced with the original wireless card (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200, Model: 2200BNHMW) with Atheros AR5B195

Tape the bluetooth USB pins on the AR5B195 so the device is disabled.
Or replace it with AR5BHB92 (AR9280 without bluetooth).

Tape the bluetooth USB pins on the AR5B195 so the device is disabled.
Or replace it with AR5BHB92 (AR9280 without bluetooth).
Do I need to remove IOath3kfrmwr.kext in this case?

Do I need to remove IOath3kfrmwr.kext in this case?

Does not matter. Kexts that have no corresponding hardware are just "files on disk" and have no effect.

Does not matter. Kexts that have no corresponding hardware are just "files on disk" and have no effect.
Thanks for your help. Actually I don't know which pin I should tab for disabling bluetooth for AR5B195. Sorry that I'm dummy on this part. But I just tried to use the original intel wireless card, the wifi wouldn't work as expected, but I can still use LAN cable. So the build-in bluetooth works after waking up from sleep (and I also found my mouse was paired with AR5B195 bluetooth and my keyboard was paired with build in one)

The sound issue is also solved, after trying some setting in system preference (I guess I was using HDMI sound output, because my external monitor doesn't have speaker).

So so far the y580 with hackintosh works for me, and I may do some research for tapping AR5B195 bluetooth pin later. Thanks for helping for the issues!

Thanks for your help. Actually I don't know which pin I should tab for disabling bluetooth for AR5B195.

Use google/search.

Sierra is here !!!, I'm going to start downloading it, is Jessers123 going to start a new thread?, this laptop has great support thanks to him, RehabMan and many others, hackintosh FTW

I have updated through App Store to Sierra on my Y580 using Clover 3761.

What works(right after install, without changing anything):
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi (Dell DW-1510)
  • HDMI
Not working:
  • VoodoPS2Controller (Kernel panic everytime I boot, had to remove from /Extensions folder.)
  • Audio (I don't know how to fix it. Tried to upload AppleHDA.kext from my working El Capitan partition, but kernel panics)
  • Sleep? (I can't check if this works, because without working laptop keyboard and mouse I couldn't even wake it.)
  • iMessage

Not working:
  • VoodoPS2Controller (Kernel panic everytime I boot, had to remove from /Extensions folder.)
It means you have the wrong version installed.

Attachments

• Zdjęcie 21.09.2016, 17 57 04.jpg
    Zdjęcie 21.09.2016, 17 57 04.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back