Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one I can confirm, I downgrade the bios to 1.14 and use the EFI-Tool to change the DMVT. However with 1.14 there is problem in Win10 to find the NV card, so I had to upgrade the bios. But the setting survived. I think if there is a resetting, I will just downgrade it to 1.14 and change it and flash back.
odd
i had no issues with NV on 1.14
i updated as i had different issues unrelated to NV

do you have 680M or 960M ?

odd
i had no issues with NV on 1.14
i updated as i had different issues unrelated to NV

do you have 680M or 960M ?
I see you installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on your Lenovo Y50, which seems identical to mine in hardware, except that mine is FHD.

My question is: What kind of touchpad do you have? If you have ELAN, how did you handle the kexts for it and is the keyboard backlight working? What about the brightness and volume keyboard shortcuts?

I see you installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on your Lenovo Y50, which seems identical to mine in hardware, except that mine is FHD.My question is: What kind of touchpad do you have? If you have ELAN, how did you handle the kexts for it and is the keyboard backlight working? What about the brightness and volume keyboard shortcuts?
i dont know what touchpad i have but the one come with install here works ok for mekeyboard backlight ,screen brightness and volume shortcuts works fine for me

here my from the time i updated to 10.10.5

Attachments

• Yan’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 78
here my from the time i updated to 10.10.5

Synaptics:
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 6.43.43 AM.png

How can I find the same information in Windows? Maybe I'm mistaken about having Elan since the drivers that I install on Windows are manufacturer independent (works on Synaptics, Elan etc.).

In Windows, use Device Manager.

In Windows, use Device Manager.

So my touchpad is definitely ELAN. I wish you provided ELAN drivers for Mac... That way I'd be sure I'm using kexts from a secure source. The ones I found on the other forum do not provide support keyboard backlight and I have to take these extra scary steps to fix my brightness keys. So honestly, I'm a bit scared and doubting. I guess I'll go with this one and hopefully soon you might get a laptop with ELAN touchpad and write drivers for it. I'm sure you will have a large amount of users if you do.

Thanks a lot.

So my touchpad is definitely ELAN. I wish you provided ELAN drivers for Mac... That way I'd be sure I'm using kexts from a secure source. The ones I found on the other forum do not provide support keyboard backlight and I have to take these extra scary steps to fix my brightness keys. So honestly, I'm a bit scared and doubting. I guess I'll go with this one and hopefully soon you might get a laptop with ELAN touchpad and write drivers for it. I'm sure you will have a large amount of users if you do.

Thanks a lot.

I have no ELAN hardware. If I ever purchase a laptop with it, I will probably write my own kext.

I'm now thinking of skipping Broadwell, and my next laptop will be Skylake, so it may be a while (no Skylake support in OS X now anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back