Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having a little problem with the keyboard binding. My Right Ctrl key is mistaken for the Action Menu key right next to it. So now the two Ctrl keys do two different tasks. It is not something major and I can still live with it but I just want to know if there is any way to fix this. Many thanks.

UPDATE: My mistake. It is not mistaken for the Action menu key but it is always understood as the "^ Control" key, no matter how I set it in Keyboard Preferences.

Please describe more clearly what you're trying to do.

I modified the Ctrl key to act as the Cmd key in Mac, but it only work for the left Ctrl. The right Ctrl stay the same.

Which PS2 drivers are you using?

When I switch it here (my Synaptics drivers) via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Modifier Keys, it works as expected.

Which PS2 drivers are you using?

When I switch it here (my Synaptics drivers) via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Modifier Keys, it works as expected.

I am using your VoodooPS2 kext.
Yes that's where I modified the keys. But only the left Ctrl work.

UPDATE: I got it to work by reset everything and set it again. Thank you for your time.

I am using your VoodooPS2 kext.
Yes that's where I modified the keys. But only the left Ctrl work.

UPDATE: I got it to work by reset everything and set it again. Thank you for your time.

Modification not necessary. You can change the assignments in SysPrefs->Keyboard.

I have a question: Will the keyboard lights work after installation (the red lights)?

A question for those who have the UHD model. After you have correctly install the HD4600 patch, does the "System Profile" show your resolution as 1920x1080@48hz? My screen seems fine but the info does not show 3840x2160. Also there is no way that I could really change the resolution.

A question for those who have the UHD model. After you have correctly install the HD4600 patch, does the "System Profile" show your resolution as 1920x1080@48hz? My screen seems fine but the info does not show 3840x2160. Also there is no way that I could really change the resolution.

It is probably normal... I think you'd find a real retina MacBookPro showing the HiDPI (logical) resolution too, not the physical resolution of the display.

Common issue. We think the HD4600 just isn't powerful enough to drive the UHD display in HiDPI mode.

But in windows HD4600 can drive UHD screen well, so maybe it's the problem of MAC OS.

Use google. I don't keep track of PS2 drivers except for my own Synaptics driver.

I googled.....really, many times. Never found a proper one for 10.10 that can make this ALPS pad to be recognised as a trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back