Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave it a try and the windows boot menu came up. so I tried bootmgr.efi to bootmgr-orig.efi and rebooted. the windows Diagnose and repair came up. I booted from USB again, what should I try next?

To get my system to work I had to copy CLOVERX64.efi into the microsoft folder where bootmgr.efi was
Rename CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgr.efi
After that it worked for me
Maybe I made it more complicated than I had to, maybe Rehabman has an easier solution

I gave it a try and the windows boot menu came up. so I tried bootmgr.efi to bootmgr-orig.efi and rebooted. the windows Diagnose and repair came up. I booted from USB again, what should I try next?

If there are pending updates, windows will recreate bootmgfw.efi. So you'll need to remove the -orig and do the rename until it stops after all updates are complete.

You can also manipulate the heck entries with efibootmgr in Linux.

To get my system to work I had to copy CLOVERX64.efi into the microsoft folder where bootmgr.efi was
Rename CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgr.efi
After that it worked for me
Maybe I made it more complicated than I had to, maybe Rehabman has an easier solution

OK after a lot of tries, renaming files i gave up on that front.
i reinstalled Yosemite
Then I just download easyuefi in windows
Copied my Clover from my USB over to the system drive
Ran easyuefi, made an entry, selecting the CLOVERX64.efi
rebooteed
great success ;)
I then did this tutorial and rebooted
It would load half way then the screen went black and wouldn't do anything....rebooted couple more times....no luck
so I hit the space bar next time clover boot menu came up and boots in safe mode.
I repaired Perms and rebuilt the Cache then rebooted
Very niceeeeeee!!!!
Everything works great!
Thanx for the help

OK after a lot of tries, renaming files i gave up on that front.
i reinstalled Yosemite
Then I just download easyuefi in windows
Copied my Clover from my USB over to the system drive
Ran easyuefi, made an entry, selecting the CLOVERX64.efi
rebooteed
great success ;)
I then did this tutorial and rebooted
It would load half way then the screen went black and wouldn't do anything....rebooted couple more times....no luck
so I hit the space bar next time clover boot menu came up and boots in safe mode.
I repaired Perms and rebuilt the Cache then rebooted
Very niceeeeeee!!!!
Everything works great!
Thanx for the help

Yes, EasyUEFI can do the same as 'efibootmgr' in Linux. I've always found EasyUEFI extremely buggy though, so I've stopped trying to use it.

My laptop is Lenovo Z50-70 with Intel HD 4400 (Haswell), 1080p screen & Realtek NGFF WLAN.
I have two queries:

1. Does the BCM94352Z pass the Lenovo whitelist for all models or only for this specific model? Can the wifi card work after rebranding in Windows(as in dual boot) ?

2. I am using Yosemite on this laptop without any major issues. What is this DVM patch thing? Will it be required when El Captain comes out or is it specific to Broadwell?

On the side note, my BIOS chip does not allow modified BIOS to be flashed. How come it is possible to flash on newer Lenovo models?

My laptop is Lenovo Z50-70 with Intel HD 4400 (Haswell), 1080p screen & Realtek NGFF WLAN.
I have two queries:

1. Does the BCM94352Z pass the Lenovo whitelist for all models or only for this specific model? Can the wifi card work after rebranding in Windows(as in dual boot) ?

2. I am using Yosemite on this laptop without any major issues. What is this DVM patch thing? Will it be required when El Captain comes out or is it specific to Broadwell?

On the side note, my BIOS chip does not allow modified BIOS to be flashed. How come it is possible to flash on newer Lenovo models?

DVMT setting only needed for UHD model.

Bcm94352z is supported in Windows.

This laptop is not Broadwell.

DVMT setting only needed for UHD model.

Bcm94352z is supported in Windows.

This laptop is not Broadwell.

Thanks.

You still did not answer about the whitelist.

to pass the white list you need to buy the modul with lenovo part number

to pass the white list you need to buy the modul with lenovo part number

If you can confirm, I have this info for Lenovo BCM94352Z: Lenovo FRU 04X6020, Lenovo PN: 20-200480

I can add to post #1 if someone with the laptop and the part can confirm.

Hello,

I am having a little problem with the keyboard binding. My Right Ctrl key is mistaken for the Action Menu key right next to it. So now the two Ctrl keys do two different tasks. It is not something major and I can still live with it but I just want to know if there is any way to fix this. Many thanks.

UPDATE: My mistake. It is not mistaken for the Action menu key but it is always understood as the "^ Control" key, no matter how I set it in Keyboard Preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back