Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
a
Put the value back to 0xa260006, it's the correct value
Have you followed the first post and completed the ./download.sh and ./install_download.sh?
Try that again and see if there's any errors pop up when this happens like access denied
If so, add 'sudo' before those commands, which will prompt you to enter your password and complete the commands in admin mode
Make sure you have Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup installed in L/E. They should be automatically part of the script if I'm not mistaken. I haven't looked at what the script actually does in a while lol.
Hmm. I retried it with the sudo command (./download.sh and ./install_download.sh) but it unfortunately didn't work. Idk if my cpu could be causing this? Mine isnt the same I believe as some other y50-70's. I have a 4720hq

You will need to be specific regarding "no internal display working".
What, specifically, happens?
You will also need to attach PR files that represent that scenario.

No one can guess regarding your issue without all the necessary files.

And if you have been trying lots of different things (not recommended by the guide), you should probably start over from the beginning.
Basically, when the computer fully boots up, the internal doesnt display anything although if I connect an external display, I do receive a signal. I reverted all the different things I tried and did a fresh install, still have the same issue.

Basically, when the computer fully boots up, the internal doesnt display anything although if I connect an external display, I do receive a signal. I reverted all the different things I tried and did a fresh install, still have the same issue.

Which config.plist are you using for your usb?
Does that config.plist work with the display?
Boot verbose!
Does the display only not work with the config.plist after install? Did you use config.plist or config_UHD.plist (which you have to rename to config.plist)

Which config.plist are you using for your usb?
Does that config.plist work with the display?
Boot verbose!
Does the display only not work with the config.plist after install? Did you use config.plist or config_UHD.plist (which you have to rename to config.plist)
For the usb, I use the 4600 one that is in rehabmans config repo. This does work fine although there’s no hardware acceleration.

Yes, it only doesn’t work after the install and that’s while I am using config_UHD.plist which I do rename to config.plist

For the usb, I use the 4600 one that is in rehabmans config repo. This does work fine although there’s no hardware acceleration.

Yes, it only doesn’t work after the install and that’s while I am using config_UHD.plist which I do rename to config.plist

If you can get QE/CI on the external display, attach PR files.
In that case, your problem on the internal display probably has something to do with it being 4k.
4k is complex as it requires:
- correct DVMT-prealloc
- matching DVMT patches (and insuring they are actually applied by Clover)
- graphics framebuffer kext must be in cache in order for Clover to patch it
- CoreDisplayFixup.kext (correct version must be used) to defeat the pixel clock limit

In other words, there are a lot of things that have to line up, failing just one will result in it not working.

@RehabMan

Since layout-id 2 works, do you think it's wise to change it in the repo?
I imagine it works fine as well on the pre-10.14 systems as well

If you can get QE/CI on the external display, attach PR files.
In that case, your problem on the internal display probably has something to do with it being 4k.
4k is complex as it requires:
- correct DVMT-prealloc
- matching DVMT patches (and insuring they are actually applied by Clover)
- graphics framebuffer kext must be in cache in order for Clover to patch it
- CoreDisplayFixup.kext (correct version must be used) to defeat the pixel clock limit

In other words, there are a lot of things that have to line up, failing just one will result in it not working.
Attached are the requested files

Attachments

• debug_13761.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Attached are the requested files

The ioreg shows internal display detected just fine (look at IGPU->framebuffer@0 in ioreg)
What is the issue?

Maybe you should tweak resolution settings in SysPrefs->Displays or with RDM...

The ioreg shows internal display detected just fine (look at IGPU->framebuffer@0 in ioreg)
What is the issue?

Maybe you should tweak resolution settings in SysPrefs->Displays or with RDM...
Derp. I hope this isnt the case..

Whenever I started the patching processes, I would set the display to 1080p so I can see what I do (my eyesight is really bad). Would that mess things up when the display is being patched?

EDIT: The only resolutions I see in preferences is 4k and 1080p

EDIT EDIT: I did a complete reinstall and this time did all the patching while using 4k, nothing changed. What’s weird is, when I am at 4k, the login screen appears as if it’s 1080p (nothing is small). I see this cause it shows display for a second then disappears into my internal display not working.

Last edited:
Derp. I hope this isnt the case..

Whenever I started the patching processes, I would set the display to 1080p so I can see what I do (my eyesight is really bad). Would that mess things up when the display is being patched?

EDIT: The only resolutions I see in preferences is 4k and 1080p

EDIT EDIT: I did a complete reinstall and this time did all the patching while using 4k, nothing changed. What’s weird is, when I am at 4k, the login screen appears as if it’s 1080p (nothing is small). I see this cause it shows display for a second then disappears into my internal display not working.

Did you try changing your settings with RDM (using external monitor to change internal panel settings)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back