Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is arbitrary... easy to change all references to layout-id 3.
The references include layout-id injection, naming of layout XML files in Resources, and layout-id references in the XML itself.

It would be nice to have a patch to remove the layout-id whitelist that seems to exist in AppleHDA.

So what do you think is the easiest approach.
Can't change to layout-id 3 because it isn't available...

So what do you think is the easiest approach.
Can't change to layout-id 3 because it isn't available...

Which is why you change all layout-id references to use something other than 3.
If you open the project in Xcode and do a project wide search for layout, you will find most references.
Other clues with:
Code:
grep -y layout -R .

The bigger problem is the ig-platform-id data table seems to be much different (might be encoded in the binary somehow to prevent easy patching).

Which is why you change all layout-id references to use something other than 3.
If you open the project in Xcode and do a project wide search for layout, you will find most references.
Other clues with:
Code:
grep -y layout -R .

The bigger problem is the ig-platform-id data table seems to be much different (might be encoded in the binary somehow to prevent easy patching).

Do you mean all references made in the config.plist?

Do you mean all references made in the config.plist?

You will find references in config.plist, config_UHD.plist, Resources_ALC283/ahhcd.plist, Resources/ALC283/layout3.plist [plus the file name itself], Patches.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj.

Change everything using 3 to 2.

Then build everything, re-install the necessary components, and test.

You're not booting with the config.plist you attached.
The ioreg shows ig-platform-id injected as 0x0a220003, but if you were using the config.plist you attached (in CLOVER/config.plist) it would be 0xa260006 due to settings in config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.

0xa220003 is not valid. With invalid ig-platform-id, you have the expected result (no graphics drivers loaded).
So what am I supposed to do to make it so it boots right? I have all the files I attached in the efi folder, but idk how my ioreg is showing as a220003 when my config.plist is as a260006.

You will find references in config.plist, config_UHD.plist, Resources_ALC283/ahhcd.plist, Resources/ALC283/layout3.plist [plus the file name itself], Patches.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj.

Change everything using 3 to 2.

Then build everything, re-install the necessary components, and test.

^ This solution works
Sound works through HDMI as well
Sound MUCH louder, with better audio quality, but that may be placebo

Attached ioreg for those interested

For those who are interested in trying it:
- do git pull
- config.plist has 2 layout-id locations, change the 30000000 to 20000000
- Resources_ALC283/ahhcd.plist change layout to 2
- Resources/ALC283/layout3.plist change layout to 2
- rename Resources/ALC283/layout3.plist to Resources/ALC283/layout2.plist
- change Patches.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj all references to layout3 to layout2 (4 in total I believe)
- follow the update repo guide on post 1 (sans git pull)

Attachments

• Allen’s MacBook Pro Mojave.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
So what am I supposed to do to make it so it boots right? I have all the files I attached in the efi folder, but idk how my ioreg is showing as a220003 when my config.plist is as a260006.

Are you booting with your usb attached?
AFAIK no files for this computer had a220003, where did you get that value in the first place
Might help you narrow down the error

Are you booting with your usb attached?
AFAIK no files for this computer had a220003, where did you get that value in the first place
Might help you narrow down the error
I remembered why I did that.. I was following this tip and I just happened to do an ioreg at the same time I did that for rehabman. Regardless the platform-id I use (including the one requested to use in this thread), my laptop keeps booting with no internal display working.

I remembered why I did that.. I was following this tip and I just happened to do an ioreg at the same time I did that for rehabman. Regardless the platform-id I use (including the one requested to use in this thread), my laptop keeps booting with no internal display working.

Put the value back to 0xa260006, it's the correct value
Have you followed the first post and completed the ./download.sh and ./install_download.sh?
Try that again and see if there's any errors pop up when this happens like access denied
If so, add 'sudo' before those commands, which will prompt you to enter your password and complete the commands in admin mode
Make sure you have Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup installed in L/E. They should be automatically part of the script if I'm not mistaken. I haven't looked at what the script actually does in a while lol.

You will need to be specific regarding "no internal display working".
What, specifically, happens?
You will also need to attach PR files that represent that scenario.

No one can guess regarding your issue without all the necessary files.

And if you have been trying lots of different things (not recommended by the guide), you should probably start over from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back