Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have only one problem on copy/cut/paste on text and data file, work only if I drag and drop.
My disk is APFS SSD.

Update: Solved!

What was the problem/solution?
(I suspect proper use of CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of the-darkvoid's patch for CoreDisplay).
Please attach "Problem Reporting" files.

There is only one plist with 4600 in the name.
And the only change required is to enable the _DSM->XDSM patch.
Then your SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml should work.
I use your config.plist for intel 4600...
It already have enabled _DSM->XDSM patch

I re-create SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and attach you also the config.plist that I used :

config_HD4600_4400_4200 and config.plist are the same file (config_HD4600_4400_4200) but in config.plist I remove check to Inject Intel

But Show me The same error...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I use your config.plist for intel 4600...
It already have enabled _DSM->XDSM patch

I re-create SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and attach you also the config.plist that I used :

config_HD4600_4400_4200 and config.plist are the same file (config_HD4600_4400_4200) but in config.plist I remove check to Inject Intel

But Show me The same error...

You have made incorrect edits to the config.plist.
No idea why you turned on all of these options: FixHPET, FixIPIC, FixRTC, FixRegions, FixTMR.
(FixRegions is a very bad idea)

And still the _DSM->XDSM patch is disabled.

You have made incorrect edits to the config.plist.
No idea why you turned on all of these options: FixHPET, FixIPIC, FixRTC, FixRegions, FixTMR.
(FixRegions is a very bad idea)

And still the _DSM->XDSM patch is disabled.
I only take Your config.plist for 4600 and removed check To Injeft Intel

And see that in patches there Are already a patch attive

Can send me right file please?

Last edited:
I only take Your config.plist for 4600 and removed check To Injeft Intel

You changed much more than that.
Do not use Clover Configurator. It will change things that you didn't ask to be changed.
Use only Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

And see that in patches there Are already a patch attive

By default, the patch is disabled. You must enable it by setting Disabled=false.

You changed much more than that.
Do not use Clover Configurator. It will change things that you didn't ask to be changed.
Use only Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

By default, the patch is disabled. You must enable it by setting Disabled=false.
Ok bro now works thank You , The problem was Clover...

Can confirm that High Sierra installer boot on UHD

Now have a Little proglem, during installation I can erase disk To OSX journaled But The installer don't show me option for partition GUID
How can solve?

Consider that my SSD is disk0
I have Windows 10 in disk0s2

And would To install Mac OS To disk0s3

Last edited:
What was the problem/solution?
(I suspect proper use of CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of the-darkvoid's patch for CoreDisplay).
Please attach "Problem Reporting" files.

I have rebooted without caches and rebuilded cache, now the issue is solved.
High Sierra perfectly working.
Thanks always for the guides and the continuous and effective support.

Recent discussions seem to indicate the-darkvoid's patch for CoreDisplay is not working.
Must use CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
As soon as someone confirms, I will change the guide files to include it, but not before.

It is up to those that have the hardware to do the necessary investigations.
It is called "contributing".

Note that this post seems to provide a direct contradiction to your claim: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...using-clover-uefi.232960/page-24#post-1629928

The information that neither darkvoid'S patch nor CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext are working properly under High Sierra was intended as a distribution. Your answer was your well known copy paste answer, that intends to tell people they are idiots. So you didn't really encourage my interest in further distributions this way.

The other Post is interesting. But doesn't prove its working better. If you only use Safari you won't recognice the glitches. It occurs for example if you use for example Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

Hi, I have only one problem on copy/cut/paste on text and data file, work only if I drag and drop.
My disk is APFS SSD.

Update: Solved!
I had the same problem. How did you solve it?
Can you tell me, if Firefox, Opera or Chrome are working properly on your Installation?

I had the same problem. How did you solve it?
Can you tell me, if Firefox, Opera or Chrome are working properly on your Installation?

Boot without cache on Clover (-f) rebuild cache
Code:
 sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
and reboot.

Everything works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back