Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hwinfo.PNG
hwinfo.PNG
Hi all, hope you're having a cool start or almost start to the weekend wherever you are in the world! I'm not one for usually posting for help, but after Hackintoshing since Snow Leopard on Dell Vostros and having a very nice workstation up and running on Mavericks (dare not update it since it's been ultimately happy since I installed it 3 years ago!) ... I'm really stuck ... I've reinstalled this Lenovo at least 10 times already and can install High Sierra no problems with USB working/Battery and several other kexts after running the script that Rehabman spent a SH*T load of time on and some very well respected work to get us working with OSX on platforms that would otherwise be not possible, so ... huge respect there Rehabman ... all dues mate!

So, ethernet is working, I can see what I'm doing, I ran the first part of the script to install kexts ... Sound still isn't working, networking still is and I didn't quite get to running the script (again) that patches the graphics side of things, I have an Intel 4600 version of the Y50-70 with a GTX 960M ... So far in the guide, audio is not working, tried VoodooHDA and several variations, but only get offered the choice of HDMI audio in System Preferences for Audio, the last install I did, I actually found one that worked which was a modified version of the original and stupidly saved that on the desktop and then the install fragged itself when I got to the patching of the graphics, the very last part of the guide ... Every time I do the last steps, I have a booting system with graphics that only display the top or the bottom of the screen occasionally and audio still not working ... I'm including a complete breakdown of my hardware in an attachment ...

I really want this to work, because the last thing I'm going to do is install Cubase and NI Komplete in a Windows environment, and yeah, I am dual booting as I have a Steam account and well, that's what Windows is for as far as I'm concerned ...

The OSX install is on an external USB3 drive, which has already been cloned so I don't have to reinstall completely, just the sound and display I have to fix ... As far as I've read, most people are successful on the Y50-70 model that has the 860m Nvidia card in it, and I've followed many different guides and always end up at the same place as explained earlier ... I'd be really grateful for any help with this, and once it's working 100%, I'd be more than willing to upload a shrunk disk image created by Clonezilla that people can use as a quick rescue image ...

Okay ... update ... got the audio working after rm -rf AppleHDA.kext (old skool mistake) ... so now I just need to get the Intel 4600 working, and after so many installs, has anybody got any input as to how to do this without running the usual script that puts me back at the same scenario with extremely glitchy graphical boot?

View attachment 289862 View attachment 289862 Hi all, hope you're having a cool start or almost start to the weekend wherever you are in the world! I'm not one for usually posting for help, but after Hackintoshing since Snow Leopard on Dell Vostros and having a very nice workstation up and running on Mavericks (dare not update it since it's been ultimately happy since I installed it 3 years ago!) ... I'm really stuck ... I've reinstalled this Lenovo at least 10 times already and can install High Sierra no problems with USB working/Battery and several other kexts after running the script that Rehabman spent a SH*T load of time on and some very well respected work to get us working with OSX on platforms that would otherwise be not possible, so ... huge respect there Rehabman ... all dues mate!

So, ethernet is working, I can see what I'm doing, I ran the first part of the script to install kexts ... Sound still isn't working, networking still is and I didn't quite get to running the script (again) that patches the graphics side of things, I have an Intel 4600 version of the Y50-70 with a GTX 960M ... So far in the guide, audio is not working, tried VoodooHDA and several variations, but only get offered the choice of HDMI audio in System Preferences for Audio, the last install I did, I actually found one that worked which was a modified version of the original and stupidly saved that on the desktop and then the install fragged itself when I got to the patching of the graphics, the very last part of the guide ... Every time I do the last steps, I have a booting system with graphics that only display the top or the bottom of the screen occasionally and audio still not working ... I'm including a complete breakdown of my hardware in an attachment ...

I really want this to work, because the last thing I'm going to do is install Cubase and NI Komplete in a Windows environment, and yeah, I am dual booting as I have a Steam account and well, that's what Windows is for as far as I'm concerned ...

The OSX install is on an external USB3 drive, which has already been cloned so I don't have to reinstall completely, just the sound and display I have to fix ... As far as I've read, most people are successful on the Y50-70 model that has the 860m Nvidia card in it, and I've followed many different guides and always end up at the same place as explained earlier ... I'd be really grateful for any help with this, and once it's working 100%, I'd be more than willing to upload a shrunk disk image created by Clonezilla that people can use as a quick rescue image ...

If you have an issue, please provide a detailed but concise description.
And provide problem reporting files as per post #1 or the FAQ.

Okay ... update ... got the audio working after rm -rf AppleHDA.kext (old skool mistake)

This guide uses AppleHDA.kext. Removing it is nonsense and not according to the guide.

... so now I just need to get the Intel 4600 working, and after so many installs, has anybody got any input as to how to do this without running the usual script that puts me back at the same scenario with extremely glitchy graphical boot?

Follow post #1 as written. If you need help, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.
Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the guide and FAQ.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware of that.
So I got it working - a little bit:
Moved CoreDisplayFixup and Lilu (Debug Versions) to Clover kext folder an set InjectKexts=Yes.
Internal Display is recogniced after that and displays full UHD.
But screen shows occasional jitters und some applications show graphical errors (like firefox, chrome etc.) Seem to be apps that use special render techniques.
Any idea how to fix that?

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
But screen shows occasional jitters und some applications show graphical errors (like firefox, chrome etc.) Seem to be apps that use special render techniques.
Any idea how to fix that?

Problem reporting files attached.

Sounds like you didn't set DVMT-prealloc correctly.

Sounds like you didn't set DVMT-prealloc correctly.
Unlikely. We talked about this before and now I set it correctly with the correct UEFI Shell. Before that, the screen didn't show up at all.
It is set tu setup_var 0x18C 0x4.

Hi, i don't understand which config.plist I must take for Lenovo Y50-70 UHD (4K)

i7 4720hq
GTX 960m

Can Anyone help me??

Thanks

Hi, i don't understand which config.plist I must take for Lenovo Y50-70 UHD (4K)

i7 4720hq
GTX 960m

Can Anyone help me??

Thanks
Look at Post #1
Download the git project. there is a config_UHD.plist in there. Move that to your clover folder and rename it to config.plist. Delete the old one.

Unlikely. We talked about this before and now I set it correctly with the correct UEFI Shell. Before that, the screen didn't show up at all.
It is set tu setup_var 0x18C 0x4.

You might consider using some of the alternate framebuffer patches you'll find in the config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back