Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after will change DVMT-prealloc due to post #1 I can ignore that step?

No idea where you're reading that step...

I am asking 'cause I will change prealloc to 128MB and mentioned step also is about case when you have such prealloc. This is the only thing that is not obvious to me. Thank you in advance!

Yes... prealloc must be set to 128mb using setup_var and the special UEFI shell. (or some are using patched BIOS).

Hi All
After updating Win10 by CreatorsUpdate i lost Clover Bootloader . Is there any possibility to reinstall Clover on Win10?

i read this thread and i changed file name to bootmgfw-orig.efi but still clover is not run on startup.

i read this thread and i changed file name to bootmgfw-orig.efi but still clover is not run on startup.

A windows update will re-create bootmgfw.efi. So, if you're using the rename instead of efibootmgr, after the update you must delete bootmgfw-orig.efi and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

It is a PITA, and is why you should have used efibootmgr to set the primary UEFI boot target to Clover.

i'm sorry Rehabman - i'm dumb man ;-(
I used efibootmgr , but still Clover not run on start ;-(

OK - i know what is the different - in my EFI partition i don't have CLOVER folder , i have a APPLE folder.
so i change the formula - to
sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\APPLE\CLOVERX64.EFI"

but now - clover looks different - and i don't see the OSX partition

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_190140.jpg
    IMG_20171203_190140.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
As you've seen before in screenshot .I had working osx and win10 , and also working clover before. Till win10 creators update. After that update i lost bootloader/clover.
So now win10 starts automatically.
on screenshots below my efi? partition, and osx, win10 partition.
Why before update all systems worked without any problem, but after update i lost efi partition ?

Attachments

• efi.jpg
    efi.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 97
  • efi2.jpg
    efi2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 88
  • upload_2017-12-3_22-10-39.png
    upload_2017-12-3_22-10-39.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 107
  • efi3.jpg
    efi3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 84
As you've seen before in screenshot .I had working osx and win10 , and also working clover before. Till win10 creators update. After that update i lost bootloader/clover.
So now win10 starts automatically.
on screenshots below my efi? partition, and osx, win10 partition.
Why before update all systems worked without any problem, but after update i lost efi partition ?

Read guide, post #2, regarding efibootmgr:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

What program should I use to read and write NTFS partitions (windows and my hard disk)?
High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back