Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear RehabMan:

Thanks a lot!!!. I apply the steps (no cache, refresh kexts) restored and checked ioreg filtering framebuffer and the value is properly patched! boots OK to the laptop monitor, only with power cord connected though. If there is another thing I most do to make it boot with battery only, please tell me.

Thank you very much,
Chelala

What happens on battery? Why did you not attach "Problem Reporting" files?

For everyone who helped doing this guide, THANKS!, this works almost perfectly on my Lenovo Y50-70, with good Geekbench scores (its the 2015 y50-70), if anything goes wrong I'll ask for help for sure!, Thanks again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.57.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.57.13 PM.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hi, this is my doubt, when I configured my Hackintosh I copied RealtekRTL8111.kext to Clover/kexts/Other to have network support during post-install. Right now I have ordered the BCM94352Z (will arrive in a week), so, do I just have to install the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext using Kext Installer? or is there any other thing I should do I'm missing.

Thanks, amazing guide by the way.

Hi, this is my doubt, when I configured my Hackintosh I copied RealtekRTL8111.kext to Clover/kexts/Other to have network support during post-install. Right now I have ordered the BCM94352Z (will arrive in a week), so, do I just have to install the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext using Kext Installer? or is there any other thing I should do I'm missing.

Thanks, amazing guide by the way.

The kexts required for BCMN94352Z (and Clover patches) are already there if you followed the guide.

Pls. who know how to fix Hackintosh Lenovo y50 auto turn off on El Capitan after booting up, please I need solution urgently Thank you all.

@RehabMan , hello my friend :)
I dont know if you remember me (We fixed the Intel P4000 for the TS-130 lenovo server...)

I just came here to thank you again! Used your guide for my new Lenovo Y50-70 (FHD) - WORKS PERFECTLY !!!

Installed it on an external 128GB USB3.0-SSD. For the ELAN-touchpad/PS2-driver, I used the 4.7beta5 and everything is working. (Keyboard hotkeys, multi-touch-gestures, configurable through System->Trackpad).

Gratefully
Blade

P.S.: Is there any info you like me to share? (I know you only asked them QHD-users, but if you need anything from a FHD-user, please let me know.)

Also: WTF????
230+pages and ONLY 4 LIKES?????????? wtf is wrong with you guys? This tutorial deserves a lot more...

Last edited:
I mean with "auto turn off" that my Hackintosh Lenovo Y50 FHD is switch off automatically on El Capitan 10.11.6 after I switched it on and ready to use.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" as previously requested.

@RehabMan, was screen backlight dimming broken when the fn hotkeys were broken the first time around?
The hotkeys invoke the screen brightness sign on screen when used, but the brightness isn't actually changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back